LEGAL BS indicators

  • Patrick
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1 12:13 PM
      Here are FEW INDICATORS of WHAT I consider to be LEGAL BS since they cause people to ASSUME things.

      DEFINITIONS - If they have to DEFINE a TERM then it obvious means something else than the normal word.  For example, if they have to DEFINE the "employee" or "person" it APPLIES to then it obviously CANNOT APPLY to all "employees" or all "persons", can it?

      USE OF WORDS OF ART - Includes which means "contained within" and under the RULES of CONSTRUCTION can be used to DEFINE a GENERAL CLASS of similar items in an ENUMERATION.  COMMERCIAL TERMS such as "drive", "passenger", "privilege."

      CONTEXT - If the TERMS used are COMMERCIAL then the law is probably COMMERCIAL in nature.  Are you involved in that ACTIVITY?

      EXCEPTIONS & EXCLUSIONS - If it says something like "except as provided for..." or "excluding those..." they are probably HIDING something IMPORTANT.

      AMENDED LAWS - If the law has been AMENDED then they may have DELIBERATLY omitted CRITICAL information.

      RESTATEMENTS/CONTINUATIONS OF LAW - Again they are most likely HIDING something.  Odds are that there are DEFINITIONS, RIGHTS and/or EXCEPTIONS that may still APPLY unless they have been expressly ABOLISHED/ABROGATED.
      VEHICLE CODE 2.  The provisions of this code, insofar as they are substantially the same as existing provisions relating to the same subject matter, shall be construed as restatements and continuations thereof and not as new enactments.

      VEHICLE CODE 4.  No action or proceeding commenced before this code takes effect, and no right accrued, is affected by the provisions of this code, but all procedure thereafter taken therein shall conform to the provisions of this code so far as possible.
      And of course the biggest PROBLEM (to me at least) that most people face is ASSUMING that the LAW actually means WHAT it APPEARS to say.

      Remember, these LAWS were written by attorneys WHO are PAID to TWIST the TRUTH, WHO are same people who get PAID to DEFEND you whether you WIN or LOSE and the GOVERNMENT derives REVENUE when we are CONVICTED of violating them.

      Patrick in California

      "Never believe anything until it has been officially denied"--Otto von Bismarck