Re: [tips_and_tricks] Removing Judgment

  • Doug
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 27, 2006
      This is from a past post ! could this be used on a credit card co atty who has gotten a judgment already??????????

      This happened to me and all I did was file a motion for a contradictory hearing to vacate the judgment alleging the grounds: 1)denial of a hearing (due process) and 2) no service by the sheriff, clerk, or attorney.  Look up the service rules of your state.  My state did not respond with an objection to vacate, or show up at the motion hearing.  I was granted everything requested in my motion for failure of the state to prosecute and awarded $500 for cost.  Whether or not it will work for you is an issue you must test. I was surprised at how easy it was and how amicable the judge was to my cause. Didn't take but 3 minutes in court. A letter may not accomplish the same as a contradictory  hearing in open court.  A motion without a request for a hearing may not solve your problem. Going after the bond may be more complicated and prejudice the Judge against your cause. Consider separation.