Foreclosures........

  • jennifer
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 23, 2006
      I am in Arizona.I purchased a home as an investment property, paid one
      month of mortgage payments when I get a letter saying that they had
      sold the note to another lender ....well the lender never sent me any
      statements I called them several times and yet no mortgage statements.
      The last time I called one of the reps said that they could not find
      my loan I asked an attorney and he couldn't help me. 6 moths later
      they foreclosed and what is worst they never notified me. No letter,
      mail, nothing not even a sticky note.

      Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.....

      I had heard somewhere that TILA says that the lenders have to notify
      you via certified mail??????
    • Don Schwarz
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 24, 2006
        Dear ---, put everything in writing as an affidavit
        and get it recorded at the local county.

        Copy to all parties.

        Now they have to disprove your assertions.

        At 07:15 AM 2/24/06 +0000, you wrote:
        >I am in Arizona.I purchased a home as an investment property, paid one
        >month of mortgage payments when I get a letter saying that they had
        >sold the note to another lender ....well the lender never sent me any
        >statements I called them several times and yet no mortgage statements.
      • Ted Daggett
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 24, 2006
          IN --- WE TRUST!!!!!!!!!!!! ted
          This man has two books he has written on bamks and banking that should be
          quite useful to you.
          Tom Schauf
          c/o P.O. Box 91320
          Tucson, Az. 8572-1320
          twd

          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 24, 2006
            BEST SUGGESTION - Bring the property out of foreclosure by paying all
            the fees
            and back payments to save the property. I'm sure you must have been
            putting
            the monthly payments into a separate account to hold. Get a copy of the
            recorded
            notice of foreclosure. It will itemize what they say is past due. The
            trustee of the
            foreclosure can give you the exact payoff amount to the date of payment.

            Next time send payments to the new party anyway. If you can't get them
            to send
            you a statement then at least pay an attorney to send a lawyer letter.

          • Advancepum@aol.com
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 26, 2006
              put everything in writing as an affidavit and get it recorded at the local county Recorder and clerk of the court both.
              Recorde it with the recorder of deads or whatever it's called where you are then pull a certified copy and file it in the court record. this takes a public record and places it in the cort record.

              vigilespaladin@... writes:
              put everything in writing as an affidavit and get it recorded at the local county.
              Copy to all parties.
              Now they have to disprove your assertions.

            • Ken Norbury

                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 1, 2006

                  Helllo

                  No it is not TILA but RESPA Title 12 USC 2605 you can actaully sue for actaully damages but that only applies to loans that cover family property. Although I suggust suing under a theory of breach of fiducary duty or breach of contract. More then likely you may also be able to sue under your states Unfair and Deceptive Practice Act as well. If you have any questions feel free to ask

                  From: "jennifer" <caveman196540@...>
                  To: tips_and_tricks@yahoogroups.com
                  Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 07:15:17 -0000

                  I am in Arizona.I purchased a home as an investment property, paid one
                  month of mortgage payments when I get a letter saying that they had
                  sold the note to another lender ....well the lender never sent me any
                  statements I called them several times and yet no mortgage statements.
                  The last time I called one of the reps said that they could not find
                  my loan I asked an attorney and he couldn't help me.  6 moths later
                  they foreclosed and what is worst they never notified me. No letter,
                  mail, nothing not even a sticky note.

                  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.....

                  I had heard somewhere that TILA says that the lenders have to notify
                  you via certified mail??????

                  Government lawLaw

                  YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                • Doug
                  Message 8 of 11 , Mar 1, 2006
                    I have done a default process w/my mortgage co "Centex" and filed it
                    w/the county recorders office! I have a stack of papers you wouldn't
                    believe ! I also have a recording of a secretary's conversation stating
                    that they sold the note or contract 30 days after closing. I have an
                    atty that is ready to file suit ! do you think it would be best to get
                    him to file instead of me? it seems that most courts won't even notice a
                    "pro sae" believe me i have tried but not w/a mortgage.

                    Message 9 of 11 , Mar 2, 2006

                      Hello

                      In order to answer that type of question you would have to define what the default method you are speaking of.  As to what you are refering to on the company selling the note after closing this is a common practice and is not unlawful. Mortgages have two aspects when it comes to claiming interest in the contract.

                      There is the equitable interest which is usually held by the Serveicer, Mortgagee, or retained by the original lender. (This is the right to recieve payments on the debt) If the company gave you the service disclosure there is no violation of law

                      There is a legal interest which is held by the holder of the note, or by the Trustee when a deed of trust is involved.  (This is the right to foreclose or call breach in a action at law)

                      So you should not base your lawsuit on these grounds

                        Message 11 of 11 , Mar 2, 2006
                          Every state that I am aware of has safeguards in the rules of the courts that you must be served with a notice somehow. They probably served you with publication in "newspaper" if they didn't you can get the home back. if they published the notice there would be a bunch of leaches  Esquires mailing you letters trying to get the case from you. this tells me that there was probably fraud involved in which case you can get tripel damages in Illinois. Plus legal fees. Look it up in the court records.
                          Paul