Re: Transitional Corrections Community's

  • ewrdmail <ewrdbox@hotmail.com>
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 20, 2003
      I don't believe disaggreeing with an Administration is always wrong.
      I completely despised Clinton's Administration.

      --- In tips_and_tricks@yahoogroups.com, jeb <jeb@v...> wrote:
      > Do you agree with AG Ashcroft that those who disagree with the
      > administration are aiding and abetting the enemy?
      >
      > jeb
      >
      > "ewrdmail " wrote:
      > >
      > > No the Third Reich didn't try that. The felons are not just pests.
      > > Are you so safe that you could call them just pests. They are
      > > criminals and they have no rights to vote. They are not even
      honored
      > > as society they are the oppressors of a society they proved they
      > > hated and or could not live in with out creating to much danger.
      > > Freedom is abused by these people . That is commonly understood.
      Are
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 20, 2003
        The transitional community would secure America from what the repeat
        felon offenders do. Really It would anger most of the criminals and
        drug users. However that would mean to me it is right to do. I really
        don't want to argue my point on this site I emailed for a legal tip
        on what agency's to contact and legal procedures to perform. That's
        just my rough thought . Since I believe Most American's at least the
        majority wouldn't worry about ever being put in jail. There are lots
        of druggies and criminals . However There lots lots more of Americans
        who arn't. America is not a criminal microcosm under ground society
        except to those who are.

        --- In tips_and_tricks@yahoogroups.com, Rick Costello <rc@p...> wrote:
        > Considering 'all' the esoteric ways one can become a "felon" (such
        as
        > getting popped with some grass or arguing with a cop) I don't think
        it's
        > reasonable to make such blanket statements and generalization about
        people's
        > worthiness to have their rights respected.
        >
        > I hope no one gets me wrong here. If convicted of robbing a store
        or a
        > similar crime the perp should serve their legally imposed sentence.
        > Likewise, if under the control of the state (parole/probation) the
        state is
        > within its rights to impose certain sanctions. However, to start
        talking of
        > "communities" being established for these purposes is
        unconstitutional.

        > Remember your statement "Then making it illegal to hire misdemeanor
        > offenders." ? Do you have any clue how many people this would take
        out of
        > the economy?
        >
        > I think, frankly, that the security of the Republic is more
        threatened by
        > these types of poorly thought out, reactionary 'solutions' than (the
        > majority of) people having run afoul of the law.
        >
        > "ewrdmail " wrote:
        >
        > > No the Third Reich didn't try that. The felons are not just pests.
        > > Are you so safe that you could call them just pests. They are
        > > criminals and they have no rights to vote. They are not even
        honored
        > > as society they are the oppressors of a society they proved they
        > > hated and or could not live in with out creating to much danger.
        > > Freedom is abused by these people . That is commonly understood.
        Are
        > > you an activist.
        > >
        > > --- In tips_and_tricks@yahoogroups.com, Rick Costello <rc@p...>
        wrote:
        > > > Clearly you have never 'been in trouble' before. You're talking
        > > about the
        > > > wholesale abolishment of our Constitutional Republic (what's
        left
        > > of it) by
        > > > creating productive 'camps' which would benefit society while
        > > ridding it of
        > > > all those pests who had run afoul of the law at one point or
        > > another. The
        > > > Third Reich tried that.
        > > >

        > > > RC / New Hampshire

        > > security
        > > know
        Federal
        > > any
        > > get
        > > serve
        > > would
        > > reasonable to
        corporations

        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 20, 2003
          That sounds like what Saddam Hussain does. I don't believe that is
          how you intended that message to seem but he does that. I wasn't
          alive in old America. The old west seems kind of like that to me
          though watching old movies and reading books about crime and
          punishment. I believe training the felons after jail in a mock urban
          environment to live as a society again keeping them from drug
          trafficking as soon as they get out and hurting someone or robbing
          someone or whatever else would make society safe again. My cousin was
          raped and murdered by her fiancees cousin as soon as he got out of
          jail. In the same community Clackamas ,Oregon was recently two young
          girls killed by a felon on parole. Every year horrid rapes and
          murders happen because felons are released. This would reduce the
          need for police to some measure. However increase the need for
          corrections people. Creating the income not from using tax payers
          money but from the labor of these guys and gals on parole would be
          difficult but not impossible. Alot of people on parole work in
          factory's already and spend their money on drugs or whatever else.

          --- In tips_and_tricks@yahoogroups.com, "John <genman_2000@y...>"

        • jeb@runbox.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 21, 2003
            Under what circumstances do you believe disagreeing with an Administration
            is wrong?

            jeb

            > I don't believe disaggreeing with an Administration is always wrong.
            > I completely despised Clinton's Administration.
            >

            > --- In tips_and_tricks@yahoogroups.com, jeb <jeb@v...> wrote:
            > > Do you agree with AG Ashcroft that those who disagree with the
            > > administration are aiding and abetting the enemy?
          • Rick Costello
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 21, 2003
              Just some final thoughts for those who believe that only "bad" people get busted and once they're designated 'bad' they should be subject to whatever whim the government deems them worthy of:
              01]    The United States has more people in jail that the Soviet Union and South Africa ever did combined and WE claim to be a free country.  Go figure.  Anyone with a clue realizes the boy's in blue can arrest and successfully prosecute anyone they want by selectively enforcing nonsense laws.  In Massachusetts it's still a crime not to carry your rifle to church services on Sunday to protect the womenfolk from Indian attack.  Still on the books.  Being in my late forties I can honestly say that most people I know have been popped for one thing or another during their 'colorful childhood'.  In spite of previous 'felony' convictions they own businesses, rear children and belong to the PTA.
              02]    The legal 'authority' of the state only applies if/until the citizen is under their control, i.e. jail, prison, probation & parole.  After the citizen has served that period (under our Constitution) they SHOULD regain their rights.  Our government (like our friend ewrdmail) believes they can/should systematically remove their future utilization of rights using the person's previous activities as an excuse - they are, after all, 'bad people'.  Example:  2nd Amendment Gun Rights.  A 'felon' can't own a gun right?  Yet, numerous Supreme Court decisions disagree, as stated in Marbury vs Madison {5 US (2 Cranch) 137, 174, 176, (1803)},  "All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."   They clarified their position in Miranda vs Arizona {384 US 436 p. 491} wherein they stated:  "Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no rule making or legislation which would abrogate them”.  In Norton vs Shelby County 118 US 425 p.442  the U.S. Supreme Court justices state:  "An unconstitutional act is not law; it confers no right; it imposes no duties; affords no protection; it creates no office; it is in legal contemplation, as inoperative as though it had never been passed.”  In fact, the legal reference 16th American Jurisprudence 2d, Section 177 late 2nd, Section 256 states:  “No one is bound to obey an unconstitutional law and no courts are bound to enforce it."   One could reference the United States Const. annotated, USCS 1989, Amend. I-IV, 1st Amend. 1. In Gen., 1. Generally (see note 2), @ page 186 which states: "If there is any conflict between the provisions of the Constitution {enumerated powers}  and the provisions of the Amendments {Bill of Rights}. Amendments MUST control." Schick v. United States, (1904) 195 US 65, 49 L.Ed. 99, 24 S.Ct. 826  In short the government can't LEGALLY pass law abrogating Rights under the Constitution.
              03]    In order to overturn Rights - the Constitution must be amended as they did when they shut down cocktail hour under Prohibition.  Want to eliminate 2nd Amendment rights of ANYONE (not under the direct supervision of the state) you must pass an amendment.
              04]    If our friend ewrdmail doesn't believe this he should ask why the state doesn't negate the rights of ex-felons to expect a search warrant or a jury trial or freedom of religion.  After all, if they can 'legislate' away your gun rights why can't they legislate away your rights to an attorney or to publicly speak (or just put them in camps)?

              The whole issue revolves around the state overturning the provisions of the Constitution upon which our Republic was founded.  If we tolerate little attacks upon the Rights we once took for granted we will accept further encroachments until, like the Germans of the 1930s, we wake up one day and ask "how did it happen here"?

              Please excuse the diatribe, I guess I just took too seriously my belief that swearing an oath "to protect and defend the Constitution from any enemy - foreign and domestic" really meant something.  Fear not though, a few more years of this growing tyranny and perhaps even I will be willing to goose step into the future with ewrdmail singing the Horst Wessel song...  Maybe NOT.

              "C. Sweat" wrote:

              Thank you, Rick.  I'm facing 2 felonies right now.  Those who know me, I believe, know for FACT, I would be much better here than in a camp.  A police officer upgraded me from a misdemeanor while I was in jail to "retaliation" which is a felony.  He said I was nothing but trouble and is the same officer that arrested me for the other.  I might get a lot of grief back for admitting this, but there was NO other injured party, no damage and the only person hurt or suffering is ME.  I'm a mother, a grandmother and have worked for myself for 23 years and have helped many other's during those years.  Anyway, I personally think that first email starting this was a bunch of crap.  My brother has served 14 years of a 15 year sentance and he did 3 agravated roberies (coke related).  He agrees he deserved what he got.  He also tell's me that I certainly do NOT deserve with what I've got.  Just sign me pissed in Texas

            • John <genman_2000@yahoo.com>
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 21, 2003
                I think you might have Saddam's ruthless killings confused with
                eastern justice. There are some places in this world where a thief
                gets his hand cut off as punishment - seems that thievery in those
                places is VERY low. Our society has morphed into a bleeding heart
                bunch of panzie's. Our kids are afraid to go outside becuase of the
                thugs running in the streets. Unless we take control of our kids and
                demonstrate to them the consequences of there actions - there will be
                another generation of illeterate bums who roam the streets looking
                for an easy mark. If people would take charge of taking care of
                themselves instead of dialing 911 evey times some punk kid stold
                someting from them or broke into there house and tore it up and
                gutted it the problem would be self solving. I think little old
                ladys should bait and shoot these bastards. Let some wobbly old lady
                hobble along in a bad part of town and when some pund grabs her purse
                and runs let her partner shoot the bastard with a 30-30 right between
                the shoulder blades. It wouldnt take long before an old lady or
                woman would not get molested by these punks. It makes no difference
                how you do it - If kids dont see the end result of there actions the
                actions will never change.

                <ewrdbox@h...> wrote:
> [...]
                what
                > is
                > > going on while they are watching the criminals kick away last
                > breath
                > > and the moms and dads say - well those guys are murders, thievs,
                > and
                > > rapists and they have to pay the price and the price is death -
                > then
                > > and only then will the kids of our society realize that there is
                > some
                > > consequence to there actions.
                > > john
                > >

                > > --- In tips_and_tricks@yahoogroups.com, "ewrdmail <ewrdbox@h...>"
                > > <ewrdbox@h...> wrote:
                > > > It would reduce the amount of oppression in America and it is
                > > > commonly known that felons have a hard time readapting to
                > society .
                > > > It is a perfectly logical solution to that.

              • Sterling-Wayne Wyatt
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 21, 2003
                  Most felony criminals in custody are likely to be repeaters!
                  A far lesser number of misdemeanor criminals in custody are likely to be repeaters!
                  Of both, first timers are less likely to be repeaters than the already repeater.
                  People who do not commit crimes and do not go to jail are NEVER repeaters.
                  MY POINT (from one who has BEEN there!).

                  Do something more meaningful about KEEPING PEOPLE
                  OUT OF JAIL IN THE FIRST PLACE!
                  -- I DON'T MEAN AUTOMATIC UP FRONT PAROLE.

                  Cruel and unusual punishment is no longer, IMHO, consistent with the crime.

                  In Saudi Arabia, I left money in plain sight and not one cent was ever stolen.
                  Thieves in SA lose fingers and hands when caught stealing.   A person missing
                  a finger from the right hand (or the right hand - the hand used for toilet hygiene)
                  is no longer allowed to eat from the community food bowls.  He's marked
                  for what he is - a thief.

                  In America --
                  If a convicted thief were to lose a finger, I would bet the shop lifting rate
                  would drop drastically.

                  If a convicted rapist were to lose the tool of his rape, date rape would
                  come to a near halt.

                  If a convicted 1st degree murdered were to lose his life automatically
                  upon conviction, the motives for most murders would go away.

                  Make people take SEVER responsibility for their actions!!!

                  Wayne

                  On Tue, 21 Jan 2003 05:50:45 -0000 "ewrdmail <ewrdbox@...>" <ewrdbox@...> writes:
                  That sounds like what Saddam Hussain does.
                  ---snip--
                • dickm
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 22, 2003
                    What was the "old America" like? The "old west"? When you were found
                    guilty, you were hung or imprisoned for life or did time which felt like
                    life, or when found innocent , freed. No one gave a damn or even considered
                    why perhaps someone or something else was responsible for your actions. YOU
                    WERE. There was no word as "rehabilitation" either. BTW Most if not all
                    families had guns. They didn't have the convenience of supermarkets or
                    butchers for meat. And their guns also came in handy to protect their
                    families and property against the human animals.
> [...]
                    > is
                    > > going on while they are watching the criminals kick away last
                    > breath
                    > > and the moms and dads say - well those guys are murders, thievs,
                    > and
                    > > rapists and they have to pay the price and the price is death -
                    > then
                    > > and only then will the kids of our society realize that there is
                    > some
                    > > consequence to there actions.
                    > > john
                    > >

                    > > --- In tips_and_tricks@yahoogroups.com, "ewrdmail <ewrdbox@h...>"
                    > > <ewrdbox@h...> wrote:
                    > > > It would reduce the amount of oppression in America and it is
                    > > > commonly known that felons have a hard time readapting to
                    > society .
                    > > > It is a perfectly logical solution to that.

                  • dickm
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 22, 2003
                      Just heard on Fox News a 2 year old was shot in the head while he sat with
                      his mom at McDonalds. Reason? The shooter wanted to commit suicide. Makes
                      sense. He didn't have the guts to kill himself? Why didn't he shoot a cop? A
                      politician ? A judge? The mom? Claim he was a terrorist and was about to
                      blow up McDonalds? Why kill a 2 year old kid?
                      When I hear stuff like this, I'm embarrassed to say I'm an American if this
                      is what America has become.
                      There is no respect for life.
                      If a woman has the right to destroy a life for any reason , or decide to let
                      it live, then once it's born doesn't it also have the right to destroy a
                      life for any reason? I believe this is the message we give to our kids.

                      > I think you might have Saddam's ruthless killings confused with
                      > eastern justice. There are some places in this world where a thief
                      > gets his hand cut off as punishment - seems that thievery in those
                      > places is VERY low. Our society has morphed into a bleeding heart
                      > bunch of panzie's. Our kids are afraid to go outside becuase of the
                      > thugs running in the streets. Unless we take control of our kids and
                      > demonstrate to them the consequences of there actions - there will be
                      > another generation of illeterate bums who roam the streets looking
                      > for an easy mark. If people would take charge of taking care of
                      > themselves instead of dialing 911 evey times some punk kid stold
                      > someting from them or broke into there house and tore it up and
                      > gutted it the problem would be self solving. I think little old
                      > ladys should bait and shoot these bastards. Let some wobbly old lady
                      > hobble along in a bad part of town and when some pund grabs her purse
                      > and runs let her partner shoot the bastard with a 30-30 right between
                      > the shoulder blades. It wouldnt take long before an old lady or
                      > woman would not get molested by these punks. It makes no difference
                      > how you do it - If kids dont see the end result of there actions the
                      > actions will never change.
                      <SNIP>
                    • ewrdmail <ewrdbox@hotmail.com>
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jan 22, 2003
                        I emailed my Idea to the President and the Vice President. Maybe his
                        staff will consider the idea of interest. That is sickening . I to
                        evil to understand the way society persecutes children. The
                        molestation and violent abuse makes my skin crawl and chills go up my
                        spine and jaw drop..