Re: [tips_and_tricks] Re: Traffic Tickets

    Message 1 of 20 , Feb 2, 2006
      On Feb 2, 2006, at 12:30 PM, paradoxmagnus wrote:

      > I think it would be very helpful and enlightening if someone like the
      > Frog Farmer would walk us STEP-BY-STEP through how they have
      > successfully handled an encounter with an ALLEGED "law enforcement
      > officer" because if NO TICKET is ever WRITTEN, then we NEVER have to
      > deal with any of the other BS "after the fact."

      I've tried to demonstrate it on lists, but nobody seemed able to play
      the part of the impersonator.

      Because so many variables can enter in, there's no ONE way to do it.
      It requires thinking on one's feet, in the heat of the moment. I've
      had innumerable encounters, but none was ever a duplicate of another.

      But let's see if anyone can make use of these steps:

      1. Read and know your constitutions.
      2. Read and know your state vehicle code, penal code, evidence code,
      code of civil procedure, government code, anything that can give you
      useful ammunition for arguing.
      3. Know what it takes to transform your mere neighbor into an agent
      able to speak with the authority of the state.
      4. Do some research - find out if there is ANYONE in "authority" within
      your area of concern. If you KNOW there is nobody filling that
      description, DO NOT ACT "as if" you believed otherwise.
      5. You have to be able to CONFRONT when confronted. No "yes sir", "no
      sir", "yes, OFFICER" - if you are observed calling someone a title,
      then witnesses can testify to that fact. Why would you do that if you
      knew otherwise?
      6. When somebody approaches me (I DO NOT approach them) and they tell
      me, "I'm a police officer", I would probably say, "do you know who I
      am?" because in my county they held lessons on how to deal with me. I
      do not carry "ID" (whatever THAT is!). I know who I am, and everyone I
      deal with knows me. If they know who I am, the "problem" is probably
      solved. If they do not know who I am, I recommend calling someone
      with more experience, and many times I will demand that they call their
      Superior (NOT "superior OFFICER", just "Superior".)
      7. No matter who shows up, the more the merrier, I ask if all know that
      impersonation of an officer is a crime, and I make it known that I
      suspect that I am being made the target of an impersonation, because I
      have copies of all the valid oaths carried by people in my area, and
      none of them pertain to any of these people. I will entertain
      testimony that somebody is new and has an oath on file I have never
      seen yet. I would subpoena it for any hearing, and would not let
      anything proceed past the identification and qualification of the
      alleged "officer".
      8. If anyone threatens to arrest me, I make it clear that I will
      perform a "mutual citizens arrest" for the crime of impersonation of an
      officer, and I will name as accomplices anyone who interferes. And I
      would, if pressed to do so. So far, no takers.

      Many people might make the mistake of permitting others to act for the
      state, such as clerks and magistrates, when attempting to subpoena an
      oath. That would be a fatal mistake. ALL must be either QUALIFIED or
      DISQUALIFIED before being permitted to even SPEAK or ACT.
      Disqualification of a judge MUST be done before he can SPEAK ONE WORD
      from the bench. If he takes any official action before you've
      disqualified him, it stands until overturned, something nobody wants to
      have to achieve. So, one must act fast and decisively. I do it by
      pointing to him and saying, "YOU are hereby DISQUALIFIED from acting as
      ______ (judge, magistrate, clerk, officer, bailiff, you name it, if
      it's a state OFFICE.) If you object, I will file papers to that effect
      within 24 hours. You do not have the authority to rule upon your own
      disqualification - however, I will accept your voluntary
      self-disqualification and I'll then not press this matter further in
      the interests of justice."

      I need the mob machinery to keep all the loose Mexican criminals in
      check. When I was robbed and my head was smashed with the tire iron,
      the detectives offered me several big books of pictures containing 800
      "Mexican criminals with mustaches" that were currently known to be
      loose in just this county. Then there were the ones without mustaches,
      and the females, and then all the non-Mexican criminals. Luckily I had
      my suspects narrowed down to only 800! I don't want to cause all the
      cops to disappear; I just want them to leave me alone. And the guys
      playing "judges" perform a useful role in this dysfunctional society,
      because even Mexican murderers don't know how to demand a valid
      arraignment (and I've seen them go to prison without one!)

      And Patrick, I'm not picking on you in particular, it's just that you
      give me an opportun ity to discuss what I think should come first,
      before all that other good stuff you seem to know about. I used to use
      a lot of the cites you post, but after a while, I figured it was pearls
      before swine, and not worth my time. Treating them like anything but
      impersonators only encourages them.

      So, no offense meant, Patrick, or anyone else.
    • CCDude
      Message 2 of 20 , Feb 3, 2006
        Has anyone in the group ever won a "right to travel" case in Texas... ?????

          Message 4 of 20 , Feb 3, 2006
            In a message dated 2/3/06 11:04:09 AM Central Standard Time, ccdude@... writes:

            Has anyone in the group ever won a "right to travel" case in Texas... ?????

            I don't know of anyone that has won a right to travel case anywhere in the past 15 years. I do know of people who have won on  procedural rights violations and failure to obtain jurisdiction.
            Message 5 of 20 , Feb 4, 2006
              On Feb 3, 2006, at 9:54 AM, paradoxmagnus wrote:

              > It depends on what you mean by "won" and a "right to travel" case?
              >
              > I know people in Texas who have had citations regarding "motor
              > vehicles" DISMISSED.
              >
              > Does that count?
              >
              > Patrick in California

              I say I've won cases too, but then later I realized there were no real
              cases, just sham proceedings that they said were "cases" that were
              "dismissed". If there was no case, there was nothing to dismiss, so
              even though I was in court many days and hours, and many friends
              witnessed other people in special clothes and stuff, and lots of books
              on shelves around the walls, and we talked and stuff, some people still
              think there was a case and others know there was not. You can't really
              tell just by watching. You need to be able to recognize "indicia" and
              notice when "requirements" are "fulfilled". So much today is just
              "show" for a paying audience.
            • The Handyman
              Message 6 of 20 , Feb 4, 2006
                I tried to use Frog Farmer's technique in a traffic case last July. The
                court was packed and I was nervous. I was first on the docket and went for
                broke. After applying some of Froggy's method the Judge loudly scolded me
                in open court saying He is not going to allow me to play games in his court.
                I responded that I was not playing games nor was I going to let him play
                games with me. He was shocked. Thereafter, He voluntarily continued the
                trial saying I better get assistance of counsel because it was obvious that
                I was headed for contempt charges. The second trial started with a much
                different tone. The Judge was very nice and accommodating. We went into
                his chambers and I challenged his oath and bona fide as best able. It was
                not easy; I was fully prepared to go to jail. Thereafter, he held trial
                over my objections (without counsel) and I was found guilty and fined $25 on
                a charge that normally has a fine of $175. I appealed. The appeal was
                kicked back on minutes not being attached. As I look back I think Froggy has
                a good technique and it would be great in the form of a script or on a CD
                the way Stop-the-Cop and Marc Stephen does. I for one would purchase it
                sight unseen.

              • Advancepum@aol.com

                  Message 8 of 20 , Feb 26, 2006
                    not in texas but in florida I have won on jurisdictional rights.

                    Email41@... wrote:
                    In a message dated 2/3/06 11:04:09 AM Central Standard Time, ccdude@... writes:

                    Has anyone in the group ever won a "right to travel" case in Texas... ?????

                    I don't know of anyone that has won a right to travel case anywhere in the past 15 years. I do know of people who have won on  procedural rights violations and failure to obtain jurisdiction.

                    Yahoo! Mail

                  • jessie garcia

                      Message 10 of 20 , Apr 6 3:31 PM
                        On the Sui Juris forum, there are currently two active threads on the
                        matter of traffic tickets: http://www.suijuris.net/forum/index.php?

                        Speeding tickets from scratch:
                        http://www.suijuris.net/forum/travel/932-speeding-ticket-scratch-new-post.html

                        Beat all Traffic Tickets: