Re: Collection Agencies

  • realjethro
    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 2, 2006
      --- In tips_and_tricks@yahoogroups.com, "John Searcy" <jsearcy@...> wrote:

      > All,
      > Does anyone out there have experience dealing with and responding to collection
      agencies? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

      Below is a copy of a letter I sent in response to a "collection agency" over an alleged debt
      that I did not owe. They were frauduently trying to extract hundreds of $'s from me via
      threats and intimidation. I fired off this letter and never heard another peep from them...

      ***

      CERTIFIED MAIL# XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX
      Date, 200X
      BIG BAD BILL COLLECTOR/J. JACKSON
      123 XXXX STREET
      XXXX, XX 12345

      Dear J. JACKSON:

      A letter appeared in the above mailbox addressed to a "MY NAME." This letter is to advise
      you that the above address is for "My Name," not "MY NAME." If the intended recipient is
      the former, please correct your records, as the courtesy of responding to mail addressed
      to "MY NAME" will not be extended again.

      Notwithstanding the foregoing, you are in receipt of notice under the authority of The Fair
      Debt Collections Practices Act. Contacting me again regarding your file ("ACCOUNT #:
      XXXXXXX CLIENT #: XXXXX-X") after the verifiable receipt of this notice establishes that
      you, BIG BAD BILL COLLECTOR/J. JACKSON, have used interstate communications in
      scheme of fraud by using threat, intimidation, deception, and enticement to coerce a
      person to commit some act creating a legal disability where none exists.

      This and any bills or claims from you, or any entity on whose behalf you are acting,
      against the aforementioned person(s) are disputed and contested in toto.

      My Name also makes the following demands:

      • Proof of a contract between My Name and "BIG BAD BILL COLLECTOR"
      • Proof of a contract between My Name and "BIG BAD CABLE COMPANY, INC." for the time
      period at issue.
      • If you have a "JUDGMENT," proof of service of Summons and a copy of accompanying
      Complaint.
      • You must completely and irrevocably purge from any and all records and/or databases
      any and all Social Security Numbers or other Federal Tax ID numbers that may be
      associated with My Name or MY NAME. You will confirm this by sending a letter to the
      above address.
      • Any further correspondence from you must bear an actual, original signature (not a
      stamp, copy, etc.), otherwise the correspondence will be regarded as unverifiable and
      thusly disregarded.

      Short of satisfying the foregoing, we may have to pursue charges against "BIG BAD BILL
      COLLECTOR" and "J. JACKSON" as well as filing complaints with the State Dept. of
      Commerce and the FTC.

      Sincerely,

      My Name

      Cc: Federal Trade Commission
      CRC-240
      Washington, D.C. 20580
    • Edward Wheeler
      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 4, 2006
        On your subject of Debt Collectors, I've been there,
        sending letters like these to them, but alas, they
        would never respond.

        [Moderator/Bear: That's what happened to me. No more collection letters and whatsmore, no lawsuit.]

        They might have stop calling and
        sending letters, but one thing for sure, it on your
        credit report as disputed.

        One thing I've learned from my experience with debt
        collectors is, that they are almost like the IRS. I
        stop doing the letters (as they do no good)and went
        another way that seems to work. Go after the
        cooperated officers. Hold them responsible.

        [Moderator/Bear: I have never heard of a "cooperated officer." What is that?]

        CONTRACT with them. It's like doing a Conditional
        Acceptance, but this way is an Absolute Acceptance.
        Like I said, those dispute letters got me nowhere.
        Debt Collectors don't care, but I've got results
        useing this procedure. I'll look and see if I can find
        the web site and post it. I'll post the Contract I
        have sent out.

        [Moderator/Bear: We are all looking forward to it.]

        Ed

      • Edward Wheeler
        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 6, 2006
          Notice to Agent is Notice to Principle

          Your Name
          Notice to Principle is Notice to Agent

          without prejudice
          Applicable to all successors and assigns

          c/o Your Address

          Silence is Acquiescence/Agreement/Dishonor

          City, State Zip

          December 31, 2005
          DEBT COLLECTOR
          CREDIT BUREAU COLLECTIONS INC.
          THEIR ADDRESS
          CITY, STATE ZIP

          NOTICE OF ACCEPTANCE TO CONTRACT
          Contract # 11111111-AAA-1

          I, (YOUR NAME), hereinafter “Affiant”, am competent to
          state the matters included in this contract which are
          true, correct and complete, and not meant to mislead.

          PARTIES AND CAPACITY OF

          1. Affiant

          I, (YOUR NAME) do so state that my authority for this
          contract is the age-old, timeless, and universal
          respect for the intrinsic power, property, and
          responsibilities of the individual. I choose to comply
          with mutual respect, which serves to bring harmony to
          society and therefore, my power to contract is
          unlimited.

          2. RESPONDENTS

          CREDIT BUREAU COLLECTIONS, INC. (CBCI) (THEIR ADDRESS
          CITY, STATE and ZIP) is a legal person and a
          corporation, and the following person in her
          individual private capacity is held liable and listed
          as: President DEBT COLLECTOR.

          STATEMENT OF FACTS

          1. Affiant did receive on/or about December 23, 2005
          correspondence from CBCI implying that Affiant had an
          account with them in the amount of $1116.70.

          2. Affiant has never done business with CBCI.

          4. Affiant has never given RESPONDENT “Power of
          Attorney” to opened an account, numbered
          1111111 with CBCI or any account.

          5. Affiant will only negotiate with the Original
          Creditor, if any.

          6. CBCI or RESPONDENT is not a Creditor.

          7. There does not exist any contractual obligation
          between Affiant and CBCI. (No Contract)

          8. CBCI unsigned letter does not show evidence of
          debt owed. (True Bill)

          Affiant has accepted for value all offers to contract
          made by the above named RESPONDENT with a qualified
          acceptance of Affiant additional terms and conditions.

          Affiant hereby accepts the offer to contract with a
          qualified acceptance and herein states the new terms
          and conditions.

          TERM AND CONDITIONS OF CONTRACT

          RESPONDANT in his individual private capacities agrees
          to compensate Affiant for the following:

          $50,000.00.for each letter/s sent by RESPONDENT, @1
          letter $50,000.00.

          $25,000.00 for each telephone calls @

          $5000.00 per day on each individual credit report. @ 3
          credits reporting agencies $15,000.00 per day,
          Retroactive to date shown on credit reports.

          RESPONDENT has 21 days from the time of receiving this
          notice to deliver funds to Affiant. In the event
          RESPONDENT does not deliver said funds to Affiant as
          agreed to in this contract, RESPONDENT agrees to be
          subject to involuntary bankruptcy proceeding in her
          private and public capacity and that an administrative
          judgment against RESPONDENT in her private individual
          capacity will be sought. RESPONDENT also agree that
          Affiant can file a UCC-1 to secure this debt as
          Secured Party against RESPONDENT.

          IN THE EVENT RESPONDENT withdraws her offer to
          contract sent December 19, 2005 in the amount of
          $1116.70, within the 21 days of receipt of this
          contract, and removes any /and all claims from each
          Credit Bureau that said claim was reported to, this
          contract will become null and void and Affiant will
          not proceed with the enforcement of the above terms
          and conditions. In the event of withdrawal of claim by
          RESPONDENT, RESPONDENT is required and agrees to
          notify Affiant know later than 5 days after the
          original 21day time requirement by letter, that her
          “claim” is withdrawn. If not notified, Contract will
          be enforced.

          All terms and conditions of this agreement are
          approved by all parties.

          If RESPONDENT wishes to respond to this contract, it
          must be in the Affidavit Form, point for point, signed
          under RESPONDENTS full Commercial Liability, under
          Penalty of Perjury, sworn to before a Notary Public.
          The Debt Collector Disclosure Affidavit For Acceptance
          of Debt is required, and must be filled out along with
          RESPONDENTS Affidavit (if any) and mailed to Affiant
          Agent, Notary Public (NOTARY’S NAME ADDRESS CITY,
          STATE and ZIP. If Affiant does not receive a reply
          through Affiant Agent in Affidavit Form, Contract will
          be enforced.

          I, the undersigned hereby declares under penalty of
          perjury of the laws of Nevada State that the
          statements made in this Notice of Acceptance to
          Contract, are certified as to being true, correct AND
          complete and not misleading in accordance with my
          first hand knowledge and belief.

          X_______________________________

          _____________
          (YOUR NAME)

          Date

          DEBT COLLECTOR DISCLOSURE AFFIDAVIT
          FOR ACCEPTANCE OF DEBT

          1...Name and home address of President (REQUIED)
          2...Name and home address of CBCS Secretary/Treasurer
          (REQUIRED)
          3...What are the terms of assignment for this claim?
          You must attach a facsimile of any and all records
          relating to such terms. (Certification Required)
          4...Have any insurance claims been made by any
          creditor and/or assignee regarding this claim?
          Yes / No (If yes attach all supporting Certified
          documentation (REQUIRED))
          5...Has the purported balance of this claim been used
          in any tax deduction claim?
          Yes / No (If yes attach all supporting Certified
          documentation (REQUIRED))
          6...List all the particular products and/or services
          sold by the Debt Collector to Affiant and the dollar
          amount of
          each, and attach all supporting verifiable
          documentation. (REQUIRED)
          7..Does there exist a verifiable, bona fide, original
          commercial instrument between Debt Collector and
          Affiant containing Affiant bona fide signature? Yes
          / No (If yes, attach Certified Copy of Commercial
          instrument (REQUIRED))
          8...Does there exist verifiable evidence of an
          exchange of benefits and/or detriment between Debt
          Collector and Affiant? Yes / No (If yes, attach all
          supporting verifiable documentation (REQUIRED))
          9...Has Debt Collector a bona fide affidavit of
          assignment for entering into the original contract
          between Original Creditor and Affiant? Yes / No (If
          yes attach all supporting Certified documentation
          (REQUIRED))

          10…Has Debt Collector purchased this claim from the
          Original Creditor or a previous Debt Collector? Yes/No
          (If yes, attach all supporting Certified
          documentations (REQUIRED))
          I, the undersigned hereby declares under penalty of
          perjury of the laws of Nevada State that the
          statements made on this Debt Collector Disclosure
          Affidavit for Acceptance of Debt, along with all
          documentation to validate this claim are certified to,
          by swearing an oath as to being true, correct AND
          complete, not meant to mislead, in accordance with my
          first hand knowledge and belief.

          X_______________________________
          _________________________ __________________
          ________
          Authorized Signature of Debt Collector
          Print Name
          Title Date

          The person above did appear before me a Notary Public
          in and for the State of ____________________, County
          of __________________ and is identified as the person
          who signed this Affidavit by oath before me this _____
          day of ___________________, 2005.

          _________________________________
          ___________________
          NOTARY PUBLIC
          My Commission Expires on
          NOTARY STAMP & SEAL

          Return this completed Debt Collector Disclosure
          Affidavit for Acceptance of Debt Form, attaching all
          assignments and/or other transfer agreements that
          would establish your right to collect this debt. Your
          claim cannot and will not be considered if any portion
          of this Form is not completed and returned with all
          REQUIRED certified and /or verified copies of the
          documents required by this Form. If you do not respond
          as required, your claim will not be considered and you
          will be liable for damages for continued collection
          efforts. Please allow (45) Forty Five days for
          processing after receipt of your request. You are
          ESTOPPELED from any and all further action, until all
          Required documents are received, validated and
          verified for accuracy.

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Advancepum@aol.com
          Message 4 of 17 , Feb 6, 2006

            _________________________   __________________
            ________
[...]

          • mm4tarts
            Message 5 of 17 , Apr 15, 2006
              Group,
              I am constanly being called by attorney's of the firm Wolpoff &
              Abramson to respond to their call to collect form me a a debt that
              has been discharged by MBNA. What process does one use to respond?
              They are a third party to the action, i.e. the "debt account" is
              closed and I assumed collected on due to the discharge. What part do
              they have in this process? Do I have a contract with them? How do I
              bat them off of my door step and avoid going to court?

              Additionally, since the debt is discharged, how do I legally or
              administratively clean up my credit. If a creditor has collected on
              the account and the account is closed, how can a law firm buy that
              account fomr the so called creditor and ask for additioanl payment
              ofn a closed account? Is htere something wrong with this picture.

              I am a Pro Se litigant. Should I be Pro Per. What is the qualitative
              difference? Does the judge have jurisdiction? Or is this judge a
              magistrate.

              Please advise. Thanks.

              Peace
            • Christopher Dilts
              Message 6 of 17 , Apr 16, 2006

                Hello

                Well first do a letter disputing the debt under 15 USCA 1692g, this will set the stage for more violations of the FDCPA. Although you do have to state the debt has been discharged.

                After this I would move for a lawsuit in Federal Court if the attorney fails to validate the debt , or stop communications due to the possible clerical errors. You could sue for violations of FCRA, Invanision of Privacy, possible state stautes, etc .

                As to cleaning up your credit report and lawsuit I do have packets on the subject if your interest.

                I would in closing though keep a log on how often the attorney calls, this will help with damages.

                Jamie

              • Dean Gerhart
                Message 7 of 17 , Apr 16, 2006
                  The Wolfpack will take this matter to the National Arbitration Forum (NAF) and get an arbitration award against you. They do this 100% of the time.  This is difficult to defeat at the forum but you must respond when the claim is filed.  They will still get the award in almost all cases, but the award is of no value form the NAF.  The next step is for them to get and attorney in your state and try to get confirmation of the award in a court in your county.  This is when they can be defeated at their own game.  Most states have some form of uniform arbitration act that closely follows the Federal Arbitration Act Title 9 USC.  I have worked with this a number of years and have had great success kicking their buts and helping others do the same.

                  Arbitration is a matter of contract or agreement to arbitrate since this is a non judicial process there must be an agreement (see National Arbitration Code of procedures and 9 USC).

                  The Wolfpack can be stopped and you can win.  You can send them a cease communications letter as outlined in the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act to stop them from calling you but this will not stop them from going the NAF in fact it normally expedites the process.
                • pd
                  Message 8 of 17 , Apr 16, 2006
                    There is a way to beat the NAF. Demand has to be put in for the original copy of the contract that no longer exists since it was immediately converted into a digital format. Arbitration is only entered into in civil matters by informed consent, by all parties to the contract, in the original contract. When they claim you entered into an agreement to engage in arbitration, usually with a company they are affiliated with or own as a subsidiary, it puts you at a severe disadvantage. Challenge the assumption that the original contract exists and defeat the presumption that you are a party to that contract. pd

                    Dean Gerhart <dgerhart@...> wrote: The Wolfpack will take this matter to the National Arbitration Forum (NAF) and get an arbitration award against you. They do this 100% of the time. This is difficult to defeat at the forum but you must respond when the claim is filed. They will still get the award in almost all cases, but the award is of no value form the NAF. The next step is for them to get and attorney in your state and try to get confirmation of the award in a court in your county. This is when they can be defeated at their own game. Most states have some form of uniform arbitration act that closely follows the Federal Arbitration Act Title 9 USC. I have worked with this a number of years and have had great success kicking their buts and helping others do the same.

                    Arbitration is a matter of contract or agreement to arbitrate since this is a non judicial process there must be an agreement (see National Arbitration Code of procedures and 9 USC).

                    The Wolfpack can be stopped and you can win. You can send them a cease communications letter as outlined in the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act to stop them from calling you but this will not stop them from going the NAF in fact it normally expedites the process.

                    ---------------------------------

                    ---------------------------------
                  • steve kolka
                    Message 9 of 17 , Apr 16, 2006
                      Christopher Dilts <christopherdilts@...> wrote:
                      Hello
                      Well first do a letter disputing the debt under 15 USCA 1692g, this will set the stage for more violations of the FDCPA. Although you do have to state the debt has been discharged.
                      After this I would move for a lawsuit in Federal Court if the attorney fails to validate the debt , or stop communications due to the possible clerical errors. You could sue for violations of FCRA, Invanision of Privacy, possible state stautes, etc .
                      As to cleaning up your credit report and lawsuit I do have packets on the subject if your interest.
                      I would in closing though keep a log on how often the attorney calls, this will help with damages.
                      Jamie

                      would like to know about packets on subject,cost ect. thanks,

                      Steve kolka,