8916Re: challenging bona fides

  • ursam0
    Jul 8, 2005
      --- In tips_and_tricks@yahoogroups.com, "JD" <jdulaney@n...> wrote:
      > As of 1 July, UCC 1-207 was still on the Tennessee books.

      that you are using citations without having looked at them yourself.
      Also, the UCC was a piece of "model legislation" that was subsequently
      adopted by each state and codified under each state's laws, so that in
      California, when one wishes to use a section from the UCC model, one
      looks up its counterpart in the California Commercial Code to make
      sure that the number and wording is still the same, and then one cites
      the CCC, not the UCC. The numbers and wording are not always the same
      > The UCC section you might want is now 1-308. Cute, eh?

      Actually, there are a number of states that retain the 1-207 section.
      New York, I believe, does too. These may still change, but the advice
      of looking at the section before citing it makes good sense.
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic