8401Re: [tips_and_tricks] Re: Case law on tendering payment (gold)

  • Sterling W Wyatt
    May 1, 2005
      Agreed. That is the missing case cite I am looking for that says to the effect that the presumption is that UNLESS EXPRESED OTHERWISE, the "Laws of Congress" are under the "exclusive legislation" clause and apply only to the so called "federal zone".

      Now apply that knowledge to the various excise and income tax laws in the IRC.  Seems to me to fit nicely with Ralph's recent release of his research on "substantive" regulations - which most of the income tax laws don't have.

      Wayne

       On Sun, 1 May 2005 08:17:21 -0700 (PDT) Bob law <saveyourpay@...> writes:
      ---snip---
      I could be mistaken, and have been before, but as I
      understand the jurisdiction of Congress it is
      bifurcated, and they legislate for predominately the
      "federal zone", and for the States only on rare
      occasion.

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic