7663Re: [tips_and_tricks] Re: Dollar sign/symbol

    Mar 2 11:21 AM
      On Mar 2, 2005, at 8:40 AM, Robert Mulder wrote:

      > Can you provide a reference for me for when/how this was repealed?

      I saw it in the Stautes at Large while researching something else. I
      want to say it was 1978, but I am only sure about it being sometime in
      the 1970's.

      > And was the entire HJR-192 repealed, or just certain portions of it?

      I remember seeing in the margins, "HJR 192 Repealed". I had a
      photocopy of the page, but it was stolen with some of my other files.
      What I read seemed to repeal the prohibition in making contracts for
      payment in gold and silver. It took up most of a page or more as I
      recall.

      >   If it has been 'repealed' as you say,

      If you are really interested, you can go to the Statutes at Large and
      find it too by flipping through page by page. Then it can be as you
      say too.

      > then why do we not have a Constitutional, Gold and Silver backed
      > money supply today??

      Maybe because the concept of a "Gold and Silver backed money supply" is
      a false concept created as disinformation.

      Gold and silver ARE money, and were before Congress existed. Dollars
      of silver were in circulation before Congress existed. I have a
      collection of many dollar coins of silver from all over the world.
      Paper Notes that were NOT the money needed to extinguish them used to
      be "backed" by money but are no longer in WIDE circulation and are no
      longer honored by our bankrupt treasury. They are still accepted at
      the grocery store, however.

      Money is not "backed" by anything. If you mistakenly believe that the
      absence of money IS money, then the mistake is easier to make, and your
      absence of money (debt) has to be "backed" by some thing. Today, debt
      is "backed" by only "confidence". Real money is still money needing
      no backing. Silver and gold do not lose much weight over periods
      longer than you will live. The "dollar" is a unit of measurement of
      silver. But today people are willing to view the absence of a dollar
      as being a dollar itself, because of the confidence they have that
      someday somewhere someone will give them a dollar for their piece of
      paper or digit in a computer account. It seems they have a long time
      to wait, since today they can only get about seven dollars for every
      hundred debt units they've voluntarily accepted in lieu of money.

      The Constitution was abandoned and the Congress that originally adopted
      it ceased to exist as a matter of law when it adjourned sine die. Now
      it is only used as a guideline for the military occupation government
      in its attempts to pacify the occupied people.

      I've been using constitutional gold and silver for over 25 years, with
      no problem (besides robberies). It required me to want to do it
      first. If I didn't try, I couldn't have done it. Have you tried?
    • Show all 34 messages in this topic