6276All Caps Crops

  • hobot
    Aug 4, 2004
      Here is something that I sent out to a friend, and the reply that
      I reveived from same. John Reigler is the guy at the SOS Office
      in Austin who checks and has been (at least in the past) the Oath
      of Office info.
      See what you think of this, and see where you can find the same
      info from your part of the world.

      When JJ and I talked to John Reigler at the Sec. of State's office
      last year, he down played this as nothing more than a mere matter
      of formality required by the SOS office.

      Texas Administrative
      TITLE 1 ADMINISTRATION
      PART 4 OFFICE OF THE SECRETARY OF STATE
      CHAPTER 79 CORPORATIONS
      SUBCHAPTER C ENTITY NAMES
      RULE §79.31 Characters of Print Acceptable in Names

      (a) Entity names may consist of letters of the Roman alphabet,
      Arabic numerals, and certain symbols capable of being reproduced
      on a standard English language typewriter, or combination thereof.
      (b) Only upper case or capital letters, with no distinction as to
      type face or font, will be recognized.
      (c) Arabic numerals include 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9.
      (d) The symbols recognized as part of a name may include ! " $ % (

      Source Note: The provisions of this §79.31 adopted to be effective
      January 1, 1976; amended to be effective September 15, 1981, 6
      TexReg 3249; amended to be effective January 2, 1992, 16 TexReg
      7469.