19688Re: [tips_and_tricks] Westlaw

  • al danesh
    Aug 18, 2014
      In regards to FF Westlaw, and his last paragraph copied below, I would like to ask this group how to deal with cops on the side of the road, for challenging their authority when stopped can lead to a physical alteration even though it is physically unprovoked.

       No kidding. We have to know the law, but they only know what they've been told. Don't risk anything - assume that when their lips move, they are lying. Don't make the mistake of assuming that they have any authority to exceed! Make them prove it! The lawfully vacant offices are filled with impersonators taking advantage of the situation for their own benefit

      On Monday, August 18, 2014 12:41 AM, "'Frog Farmer' frogfrmr@... [tips_and_tricks]" wrote:

      On Mon, June 30, 2014 10:34 am, wayne@... [tips_and_tricks]
      wrote:

      > "There is no question of the general doctrine that fraud vitiates the
      > most solemn contracts, documents, and even judgments, United States v.
      > Throckmorton, 98 U.S. 61, 64-66 (1878).

      I love that one. I mentioned that and asked a few questions designed to
      home in on the fraud, and the conversation broke right down, which is my
      preferred outcome. Don't look now, but all games are over, Watch out for
      rambunctuous fans pretending they're in the game. They run all over the
      field helter-skelter and can take their play quite seriously.

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic