19664Re: [tips_and_tricks] Westlaw

  • jai mann
    Jul 2, 2014
      Get a librarian to help you out with that. It takes 10 minutes to get used to. Furthermore, Westlaw should provide you with cases and case law, but I don't know about sheparidizing via it. I know my county law library has a subscription to Lexis Nexus which has a shepardizing feature. I've used it a few times along with the hardback Shepard's cites. The librarians generally love to help people out especially if you have good manners and are gracious.

      On Tuesday, July 1, 2014 11:41 PM, "wayne@... [tips_and_tricks]" wrote:

      Hi everyone, I need some info on how to navigate Westlaw.  I have never used it before and don’t know it it will give me the information I want.  In sheepherding a case, do I just enter the case and read everything that follows or is there someway to limit the search?  In the Brushaber case, Justice White states that the 16th amendment applies to excise tax or it would conflict with Constitution’s prohibition about taxing without apportionment.  Will that information alone give me any subsequent decisions that might conflict with that opinion?

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic