19501Court Citation Sold?

  • danielbagod
    Aug 1, 2013
      On 2013-08-01 14:24, Legalbear wrote:
      > How do I respond to a third party creditor who is trying to collect
      > on a court citation? The lady was given a ticket for her light being
      > to dim over her license plate! Unfortunately she appeared in court
      > where it was initially reduced and was told to return with receipt of
      > violation repaired. She left and has never returned only to receive a
      > letter from a collection agency seeking payment.
      > What is the most honorable way to address this issue with the third
      > party? What are my options after having missed the option to send the
      > ticket in the mail with the overlay that I DO NOT CONSENT!

      I have used the following process and I never heard from the collection
      agency again!

      Immediately write a letter to the collection agency DEMANDING
      Validation (NOT verification) of the alleged debt. They can never
      validate the debt so they pass over you and go on to the next sucker who
      doesn't know how to respond. It's important to send the letter within 30
      days (that's generally the time frame they give you). It wouldn't hurt
      to send it "certified mail" either.

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic