19483Re: The Constitution Operates on States In Their Corporate Capacities

  • Barry
    Jul 21, 2013
      I just learned that the subject line of this post is incorrect. The actual quote reads: "It is a mistake that the constitution was not designed to operate upon states, in their corporate capacities."

      > It is a mistake that The Constitution Was Not Designed To
      > Operate Upon States, In Their Corporate Capacities. It is
      > crowded with provisions which restrain or annul the
      > sovereignty of the states in some of the highest branches of
      > their prerogatives. Martin v. Hunter's Lessee
      > <http://scholar.google.com/scholar_case?case=294912204140705
      > 6724&q=corporation+%22public+policy%22&hl=en&as_sdt=4,60&as_
      > ylo=1776&as_yhi=1850> , 14 US 304, 343 - Supreme Court 1816.
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic