19207Re: I got a summons yesterday.

  • bsafirebird1969
    Mar 2 4:39 AM
      --- In tips_and_tricks@yahoogroups.com, "CarlS" <Carl@...> wrote:

      > The purpose of an arraignment is simply to enter a plea.

      ******Not exactly... a Plea give the Court Jurisdiction, personam jurisdiction for a start, and that You agree there is a controversy****

      I always plead not guilty.

      **** I can not Plea, until I understand the Nature and Cause of the proceeding ******

      - it simply means that the state hasn't proven that I'm guilty, and I'm presumed innocent until they do. Some jurisdictions proceed immediately to a hearing;

      ****** Am I presumed Innocent of every Element of the Crime ..?
      one Element is the Jurisdiction of the Court ********

      by first reading the statute that you're charged with violating,

      **** what Facts in Evidence does the Prosecution have showing that this Statute is applicable to Me ..?? ******

      You'll find that they are very detailed. You'll also find that very often, something wasn't done that's required by those statutes and regulations, in which case you can get the judge or hearing officer to disallow the evidence

      ***** once you argue the Merits of the Case, You will lose ***********

      Your job is to make sure that the state (via the officer) isn't violating some portion of the law in order to do that.

      ***** Your job is to show there is no Evidence showing that the Court has subject matter jurisdiction ***

      at this opportunity to ask the officer anything you like.

      ***** Impeach the Officer, as incompetent to offer a legal opinion ***

      My experience has been that the courts are indeed a neutral arbiter, and they give the greatest latitude possible to the individual, not the state,

      *** my experience is a Traffic Court is there to take your Money **** >
      > I strongly recommend purchasing the material available at www.jurisdictionary.com.

      *** will provide nothing of use for a traffic issue under rules of criminal procedure ****

      I'm not a lawyer

      ** obvious ***

      > ~Carl S.

      BSA

      > --- In tips_and_tricks@yahoogroups.com, "ACS Lab and Field" <westernwit@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I am in the State of New Mexico.
      > >
      > > About a month ago, on a Friday after 4:00pm, I was pulled over, ostensibly, for speeding.
      > >
      > > I told the State Patrolman I did not know why I was stopped.

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic