19190Judge Retaliates for No Bribe Offered!

  • Legalbear
    Feb 19, 2013

      [5] At Maloney's trial, however, attorney William Swano provided testimony that lends some support to petitioner's compensatory-bias theory. See 81 F. 3d, at 697 (Rovner, J., dissenting).According to Swano, Maloney retaliated against one of Swano's clients in one of the rare cases when Swano failed to offer Maloney a bribe and, in bribe negotiations in a later case, Maloney's bag man Robert McGee admitted as much. Swano testified that he learned that in order "`to practice in front of Judge Maloney. . . we had to pay.'" Ibid.  Bracy v. Gramley, 520 US 899 (1997) note 5.

      Call me at: 720-675-7230

      On Skype: legalbear

      My blog: legalbearsblog.com