19062Reminder for your judge...

  • Legalbear
    Dec 22, 2012

      We are not impressed by the argument that law enforcement methods such as those under review are necessary to uphold our laws.[15] The Constitution proscribes 241*241 such lawless means irrespective of the end. And this argument flouts the basic principle that all people must stand on an equality before the bar of justice in every American court. Today, as in ages past, we are not without tragic proof that the exalted power of some governments to punish manufactured crime dictatorially is the handmaid of tyranny. Under our constitutional system, courts stand against any winds that blow as havens of refuge for those who might otherwise suffer because they are helpless, weak, outnumbered, or because they are non-conforming victims of prejudice and public excitement. Due process of law, preserved for all by our Constitution, commands that no such practice as that disclosed by this record shall send any accused to his death. No higher duty, no more solemn responsibility, rests upon this Court, than that of translating into living law and maintaining this constitutional shield deliberately planned and inscribed for the benefit of every human being subject to our Constitution — of whatever race, creed or persuasion. Chambers v. Florida, 309 US 227, 240-1 (1940).

      Call me at: 720-675-7230

      On Skype: legalbear

      My blog: legalbearsblog.com