19005Have You Chosen that Which Cannot be Taken From You??

  • Legalbear
    Oct 31, 2012

      I was reading the Book of Sirach which seems for the most part to be the recounting of his conclusions drawn as a result of meditation in the Torah. The book almost read like Proverbs or Psalms. I came across this in chapter 38:

      24 The wisdom of a learned man comes by opportunity of leisure: and he that has little business shall become wise. 25 How can he get wisdom that holds the plough, and that enjoys the goad, that drives oxen, and is occupied in their labors, and whose talk is of bullocks? 26 He gives his mind to make furrows; and is diligent to give the kine fodder. 27 So every carpenter and workmaster, that labors night and day: and they that cut and grave seals, and are diligent to make great variety, and give themselves to counterfeit imagery, and watch to finish a work: 28 The smith also sitting by the anvil, and considering the iron work, the vapor of the fire wastes his flesh, and he fights with the heat of the furnace: the noise of the hammer and the anvil is ever in his ears, and his eyes look still upon the pattern of the thing that he makes; he sets his mind to finish his work, and watches to polish it perfectly: 29 So does the potter sitting at his work, and turning the wheel about with his feet, who is always carefully set at his work, and makes all his work by number; 30 He fashions the clay with his arm, and bows down his strength before his feet; he applies himself to lead it over; and he is diligent to make clean the furnace: 31 All these trust to their hands: and everyone is wise in his work. 32 Without these cannot a city be inhabited: and they shall not dwell where they will, nor go up and down: 33 They shall not be sought for in public counsel, nor sit high in the congregation: they shall not sit on the judges' seat, nor understand the sentence of judgment: they cannot declare justice and judgment; and they shall not be found where parables are spoken. 34 But they will maintain the state of the world, and all their desire is in the work of their craft.

      Call me at: 720-675-7230

      On Skype: legalbear

      My blog: legalbearsblog.com

      I do not think maintaining the state of the world is a good thing. I think we want

      Jahushuwah’s kingdom to advance until it takes over the whole world. Jahushuwah said,

      “…occupy until I come.”

      This passage in Sirach reminded me of what is recounted in Luke 10:

      38 Now it came to pass, as they went, that He entered into a certain village; and a certain woman named Martha received Him into her house. 39 And she had a sister called Mary, who also sat at Jahushuwah's feet and heard His Word. 40 But Martha was encumbered with much serving, and came to Him and said, "Lord, dost Thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? Bid her therefore that she help me." 41 And Jahushuwah answered and said unto her, "Martha, Martha, thou art anxious and troubled about many things. 42 But one thing is needful, and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her."

      This also reminded me of Matthew 20 which starts out by saying:

      For the kingdom of heaven is like the owner of an estate who went out in the morning along with the dawn to hire workmen for his vineyard.

      And going out about the third hour (nine o’clock), he saw others standing idle in the marketplace;

      And he said to them, You go also into the vineyard, and whatever is right I will pay you. And they went.

      He went out again about the sixth hour (noon), and the ninth hour (three o’clock) he did the same.

      And about the eleventh hour (five o’clock) he went out and found still others standing around, and said to them, Why do you stand here idle all day?

      They answered him, Because nobody has hired us. He told them, You go out into the vineyard also and you will get whatever is just and fair.

      When evening came, the owner of the vineyard said to his manager, Call the workmen and pay them their wages, beginning with the last and ending with the first.

      See who he hired? He hired those who were “idle”. So, if you want to:

      ·         be sought for in public counsel

      ·         sit high in the congregation

      ·         sit on the judges' seat

      ·         understand the sentence of judgment

      ·         declare justice and judgment

      ·         be found where parables are spoken

      ·         have the wisdom of a learned man

      ·         be hired to work in Jahuwah’s vineyard and receive the wages accompanying that

      it looks to me that you would be like Mary and idle yourself at Jahushuwah’s feet and choose the thing which cannot be taken from you.

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic