17834RE: [tips_and_tricks] Return of property tax bills.

  • Jake
    Sep 6, 2010
      > "For the life of me I can't understand why anyone would start a fight they can't possibly win..."

      > They must be counting on numbers of others to join in then.

      By filing more frivolous lawsuits?  Doesn't make sense to me. I read the Complaint & motions filed in the Michigan property tax case & it certainly falls into the category of "frivolous".

      > The winning of any fight starts with this 'I can' attitude. Those who think 'they can't' best not go.

      I agree, but you have to have a valid issue / argument to begin with.

      And my favorite quotes from Sun Tzu's "The Art of War" most assuredly apply:

      He will win who knows when to fight and when not to fight.

      If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.

      If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will
      also suffer a defeat.

      If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will
      also suffer a defeat.

      If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles.

      To secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself.

      ~ ~ ~
    • Show all 26 messages in this topic