17820Return of property tax bills.

  • Jon Rourke
    Sep 3, 2010
      Colorado obeys the US Constitution in so far as Colorado law goes:
      Colorado Revised Statutes:
      11-61-101 The *Gold* and *Silver Coin* issued by the government of the
      United States _/shall/ _be a legal tender for the payment of all debts
      contracted on or after April 5, 1893, between the citizens of this
      state. The same _/shall/_ be received in payment of all debts due to the
      citizens of this state and in satisfaction of all taxes levied by the
      authority of the laws of this state.

      *ANNOTATION*
      *Federal reserve notes are legal tender for all debts.* State statute on
      legal tender cannot prohibit acceptance of federal reserve notes because
      Congress has the power to declare what is legal tender for all debts and
      it has done so by delegation to the federal reserve system. Walton v.
      Keim, 694 P.2d 1287 (Colo. App. 1984).

      The problem I have with this is where did the Congress get the power to
      delegate any of its' powers to any private entity?

      Jon Rourke
      On 9/3/2010 1:40 PM, stonekutteral wrote:
      > Article 1 section 10 of the Constitution says in it, " No State shall make any Thing but gold or silver coin a tender in payment of debt….."
      > Feds might use and take paper, but states can only ask for gold or silver…..if they are not imposters anyway…..

    • Show all 26 messages in this topic