17811Re: [tips_and_tricks] Return of property tax bills.

  • vze4bqdp@optonline.net
    Sep 3, 2010
      At 10-0903 12:06 pm, you wrote:
      >For the life of me I can't understand why anyone would start a fight
      >they can't possibly win, especially in the area
      > of State property tax, which is not new by any stretch of the imagination.

      I am quite sure that a lot of people in New York are being assessed
      and made to pay a property tax well outside the authority of the
      state to legislate. There seems to have been a lot of reluctance on
      the part of early colonists to trust taxing authorities, particularly
      when it came to direct taxation on the land. Their fears appear to
      have been well founded. I do realize that winning and validity are
      separate issue, entirely -- I certainly haven't been able to get far
      in this respect.
    • Show all 26 messages in this topic