17685Re: I had to deliver Peter Hendrickson at noon today to Milan FCI.

  • Michael
    Jul 2 6:50 PM
      --- In tips_and_tricks@yahoogroups.com, "Barry" <bear@...> wrote:

      > If your warning to Pete about his citizenship
      > consisted of one line like it did here, based
      > on the above, I don't think not listening to
      > you hurt him much. Now, if you explained how
      > to get around the judicial state of mind that
      > resulted in the above decisions, that might be
      > another matter. C'mon Jerry, help us out here.

      It seems axiomatic that anyone who has the misfortune
      of finding him/herself in court has already lost the
      battle, regardless of the argument to be presented in
      court.

      Most every case cited has the one asserting the claim
      of being a state citizen of some sort, and NOT a US
      citizen. You make the claim, you bear the burden of
      proving it. Not one case appears to have the IRS
      bearing the burden of proving ITS claim against a state
      citizen.

      This is a simplified observation, to be sure, but then
      again, keeping it simple is always the best start

      The challenge starts at "Dear Taxpayer..." Make the
      sender, some IRS agent, prove that claim and everything
      else being asserted in the equivalent of FF's IMOC [initial moment of contact, I think].

      I speak from limited, but very direct experience of
      challenging the IRS, several agents, and a personal
      delivery of a letter to a chagrined Chicago District
      Director, pissed, and surprised that I walked into
      his office, right past his secretary and handed him
      my letter.

      Once the first agent read what I handed him, he
      stomped off and left me alone...to roam the rest of
      the floor and find the district director's office.

      Never heard back from any of them.
    • Show all 25 messages in this topic