17684RE: [tips_and_tricks] Re: I had to deliver Peter Hendrickson at noon today to Milan FCI.

    Jul 2, 2010
      > We've got to get out of this naive mindset that thinks that just
      > because we haven't been to court to make these arguments that no one
      > else has. I'm not saying we can't make the argument. I'm just saying
      > that at this late stage of the game we have to anticipate and study
      > out what has already happened in the courts and be totally prepared to
      > deal with it. We need to go to court recognizing that the DOJ/IRS has
      > been setting out over the years and getting these precedents put in
      > place in anticipation of unskilled and inexperienced litigants coming
      > to court to make arguments that have already been dealt with
      > previously by the courts. Bear

      In my own reading of the above cases, I saw lots of agreement that the
      defendant was a "taxpayer". There was most likely also proof on the
      record that they had also claimed to be a "resident".

      In my own studies, the status of resident has that of a corporate
      character. Here in California it is described as being here "on more
      than a temporary basis". Like Coca-Cola and the federal government.
      They hope. And it is a matter of intent as well. Coke and the federal
      government may actually fail to be here on more than a temporary basis,
      but it is the intention that seals it. Now, on the other hand, I know I
      am mortal and cannot hope to be here on more than a temporary basis.
      Nobody has argued with me about it yet. I rely upon it as a true state
      of the law as expressed in California's own statutes and codes.

      I cannot agree that I am a resident. I cannot obtain proof that I am!!
      I would have to lie about it on a paper with my signature under a jurat
      to get false proof that I am one!

      But I would like a dollar for everyone I meet who will claim to be one!