      From: jerry bell <anguillabell@...>
      To: tips_and_tricks@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Mon, May 10, 2010 6:03:18 AM
      Subject: Re: [tips_and_tricks] Re: IRS form 4598E put in files by member windandstone

      "How and why am I liable for income tax?"
      To find out the answer, reference section 1 of Title 26 (which imposes the tax); then go to the regulations (Code of Federal Regulations) , and one would find the following:
      26 CFR § 1.1-1(a) General rule. (1) Section 1 of the Code imposes an income tax on the income of every individual who is a ‘citizen’ or ‘resident’ of the United States."
      Who or what is a citizen? Subsection (c) of the same section answers this:
      26 CFR § 1.1-1(c) Every person born or naturalized in the United States and subject to its jurisdiction is a citizen.
      keep going around this very simple fact and see what happens down the road.

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic