17357Re: [tips_and_tricks] Marriage License

  • vze4bqdp@optonline.net
    Dec 11, 2009
      At 08:00 AM 12/10/2009, you wrote:
      >Regarding dissolution of marriage, it pleases me to say that I can't
      >speak from experience. I've been married to the same woman for all
      >these years. It's interesting to imagine, though, what it would be
      >like to tell the court, in essence, that since the state had no part
      >in my marriage, the state has no authority and no say in its dissolution.

      This raises some very curious questions.

      How, then, is an "unlicensed" marriage properly dissolved, for
      example? How was property accumulated during the marriage and, now,
      how is it distributed between two potentially mean spirited
      antagonists? What about foreign marriages, particularly those never
      having been subject to licensing? What jurisdictional limitations
      might be in place barring court intrusions, if any? Which are the courts?
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic