16676Re: [tips_and_tricks] Re: More on HJR 192; Got (Lawful) Money?

  • Jake
    Feb 2, 2009
      > Here is what I got from the United States Code on money and dollars:

      > From the U.S. Code Online via GPO Access
      > [wais.access. gpo.gov]
      > [Laws in effect as of January 3, 2005]
      > [Document not affected by Public Laws enacted between January 3, 2005 and June 7, 2006]
      > [CITE: 12USC411]

      < snip >

      You can pull that up here too:
      (current thru 3 Jan. 2007)

      Now, do not confuse the federal reserve notes referred to therein with what you've got in your pocket, as the notes referred to in that section are larger & are for transfers between banks only - not for you to spend @ the store.  Unless you've worked in a bank, you've probably never seen one.  Excerpt from that section (emphasis added):

         "Federal reserve notes, to be issued at the discretion of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System for the purpose of making advances to Federal reserve banks through the Federal reserve agents as hereinafter set forth and for no other purpose, are authorized."

      ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

    • Show all 57 messages in this topic