16601A new opportunity for FOIAs

  • dee ru
    Jan 24, 2009
      Barack,Has done us a favor. For those looking for the information you need, he has opened the door of the secret government for us to access. For now the Freedom of Information Act's government exemption has been lifted. This of course means for all of you who wish to access information which has been restricted can now run process on those agencies and force the information out of them. I find this door of opportunity well worth the effort and it may shut down again. Let it not pass by if needed!Quote:Obama called the Freedom of Information Act "perhaps the most powerful instrument we have for making our government honest and transparent, and for holding it accountable." and,"For a long time now, there has been too much secrecy in this city. The old rules said that if there was a defensible argument for not disclosing something to the American people, then it should not be disclosed," Obama said. "That era is now over. Starting today, every agency and department should know that this administration stands on the side not of those who seek to withhold information, but those who seek to make it known."
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic