16533RE: [tips_and_tricks] § 1983 Civil Rights laws uit law review

  • Roger Hattman
    Jan 7, 2009
      But, it in a practical sense, it appears as though the only venue for redress of wrongs against state actors is our state (local) courts, which seem to me to be far less nearly impartial than the federal.  Moreover, in Federal, we can redress wrongs against our stronger state rights via concurrent jurisdiction.  If we do not use 1983, are there other legal means for obtaining remedy other than our own, possibly corrupt, local courts?

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic