14637Re: [tips_and_tricks] Re: Feedback, please!

  • Scott
    Jun 4, 2007

      titleinnovations said:
      "Most of what the mint currently issues are Medals, they do issue some "coins" but they are proofs and are not made for circulation"

      I can verify this statement. And here for Silver Coins here: http://www.usmint.gov/mint_programs/index.cfm?action=american_eagles
      As listed on this page it states:

      Like their gold counterparts, American Eagle Silver Coins have been produced and sold in both proof and bullion finishes since 1986.

      I can verify what I posted which is found off the US Mint here: http://www.usmint.gov/mint_programs/buffalo24k/index.cfm?flash=yes&action=AmBuffBull

      One measure of an investment is liquidity, or the ease with which an asset can be converted to cash. The American Buffalo Gold Bullion Coin, with its unique backing by the United States Government, can be sold for cash at most coin and precious metals dealers worldwide. Although the coin is also United States legal tender, its face value is largely symbolic as the value of the gold it contains has historically been far greater.

      I believe this last sentence validates my previous post, that the coins face value is accepted as legal tender however, it would be smarter to convert to FRN's for more buying power.

      Scott Williams

      Denver Colorado

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic