13479RE: [tips_and_tricks] Jurisdiction

    Feb 3, 2007
      Michael Noonan [mailto:mn_chicago@...] wrote:

      > The question was courtroom specific, in the event it
      > got to that point, when my "name" would be called out
      > by the clerk, not the "judge" or "atty-in-form-of-
      > witness-or-whatever-(s)he-can-get-away-with."
      > How to respond was my issue, without admitting into
      > jurisdiction.

      Ever hear of an appearance without an appearance?

      Google "appearance without an appearance".

      One time my friend showed up for an arraignment with three witnesses who
      made affidavits to that effect. He did not respond when they called his
      name, and nobody there pointed out that he was there, no accuser, no
      prosecutor, nobody. The judge put out a bench warrant anyway. The
      affidavits were filed into the record the next day. Bench warrants in
      California are mere computer entries with no paperwork and thus invalid,
      like a notice of lien without a lien is no good.

    • Show all 26 messages in this topic