13263Re: HJR-192 repealed - public law 95-147

  • chemelt
    Jan 9, 2007
      I beleive it is so that they can say that you were using FRNs
      Voluntarily since you were NOT being compelled by HR 192 to use them.

      --- In tips_and_tricks@yahoogroups.com, "mn_chicago" <mn_chicago@...>
      wrote:

      > Given that HJR-192 was repealed in the 1970s, the more interesting
      > aspect is now to figure out why. There certainly was a very specific
      > reason for its implementation, and there is undoubtedly another very
      > specific reason for having it repealed, especially on the quiet.
      >
      > This would seem unprecedented in monetary history, where a nation's
      > "currency" was purposefully changed from specie backing to fiat, only
      > to have the original change repealed prior to the fiat collapsing.
      >
      > Any thoughts?

    • Show all 20 messages in this topic