13258Re: [tips_and_tricks] Re: HJR-192 repealed - public law 95-147

  • Moisha Pippik
    Jan 8, 2007

      mn_chicago wrote:

      <The significance is that since the Erie Decision, no
      <cases are allowed to be cited that are prior to 1938.
      <There can be no mixing of the old law with the new
      <Law. The Common Law is the fountain source of
      <Substantive and Remedial Rights, if not our very
      <Liberties. (See also: Who is Running America?)
      I have heard this statement before, however, this bares the question that if this is true, why is Miranda being used, and Erie, since the precedence claimed happened after the case took place.

      I do agree that we cannot mix old law with new law, but if the old law is good, why mix it with new, unlawful laws(nice axiom).  Congress hasn't been in session since 1870?  Abraham Lincoln made some new general orders, this is all the same game folks, smoke and mirrors, fiction, fiction, fiction.  I believe the correct thing is you cannot mix real with false.  Correct me if I'm wrong Bear.

      Moisha

      http://mail.yahoo.com

    • Show all 20 messages in this topic