10730Re: [tips_and_tricks] Student Loans Garnishment issues

  • cath halash
    Apr 30, 2006
      Rachael,
      I have had some experience. I have had a number of
      patients who had clear cut disabilities, were given 4
      years of education in music ed., but were unable to
      use it due to the disabilities they had. They
      actually have some collection agency try to go after
      them. If the person is on SSI/SSDI/VA Pension, that
      income can not be garnished. I'm not sure that will be
      of help to you in your situation, but if it is, great!
      Cathy

      --- Rachael <crystalrayo@...> wrote:

      > Does anyone have experience dealing with garnishment
      > of wages due to
      > student loans?
      >
      > Affidavits had been sent to the Higher Education
      > Student Assistance
      > Authority in 1995. No response was received from the
      > places they were
      > sent. I just recently received mail from my employer
      > stating that they
      > will be withholding part of my wages and do not what
      > my next step
      > should be. This is taking place in NJ. Though, I
      > would hope someone
      > might be able to send some insights into possible
      > actions on my part
      > from anywhere in the country.
      > Thanks,
      > Rachael