10728Student Loans Garnishment issues

  • Rachael
    Apr 29, 2006
      Does anyone have experience dealing with garnishment of wages due to
      student loans?

      Affidavits had been sent to the Higher Education Student Assistance
      Authority in 1995. No response was received from the places they were
      sent. I just recently received mail from my employer stating that they
      will be withholding part of my wages and do not what my next step
      should be. This is taking place in NJ. Though, I would hope someone
      might be able to send some insights into possible actions on my part
      from anywhere in the country.
      Thanks,
      Rachael
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic