10101Re: Collection Agencies

  • realjethro
    Feb 2 9:56 PM
      --- In tips_and_tricks@yahoogroups.com, "John Searcy" <jsearcy@...> wrote:

      > All,
      > Does anyone out there have experience dealing with and responding to collection
      agencies? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

      Below is a copy of a letter I sent in response to a "collection agency" over an alleged debt
      that I did not owe. They were frauduently trying to extract hundreds of $'s from me via
      threats and intimidation. I fired off this letter and never heard another peep from them...

      ***

      CERTIFIED MAIL# XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX
      Date, 200X
      BIG BAD BILL COLLECTOR/J. JACKSON
      123 XXXX STREET
      XXXX, XX 12345

      Dear J. JACKSON:

      A letter appeared in the above mailbox addressed to a "MY NAME." This letter is to advise
      you that the above address is for "My Name," not "MY NAME." If the intended recipient is
      the former, please correct your records, as the courtesy of responding to mail addressed
      to "MY NAME" will not be extended again.

      Notwithstanding the foregoing, you are in receipt of notice under the authority of The Fair
      Debt Collections Practices Act. Contacting me again regarding your file ("ACCOUNT #:
      XXXXXXX CLIENT #: XXXXX-X") after the verifiable receipt of this notice establishes that
      you, BIG BAD BILL COLLECTOR/J. JACKSON, have used interstate communications in
      scheme of fraud by using threat, intimidation, deception, and enticement to coerce a
      person to commit some act creating a legal disability where none exists.

      This and any bills or claims from you, or any entity on whose behalf you are acting,
      against the aforementioned person(s) are disputed and contested in toto.

      My Name also makes the following demands:

      • Proof of a contract between My Name and "BIG BAD BILL COLLECTOR"
      • Proof of a contract between My Name and "BIG BAD CABLE COMPANY, INC." for the time
      period at issue.
      • If you have a "JUDGMENT," proof of service of Summons and a copy of accompanying
      Complaint.
      • You must completely and irrevocably purge from any and all records and/or databases
      any and all Social Security Numbers or other Federal Tax ID numbers that may be
      associated with My Name or MY NAME. You will confirm this by sending a letter to the
      above address.
      • Any further correspondence from you must bear an actual, original signature (not a
      stamp, copy, etc.), otherwise the correspondence will be regarded as unverifiable and
      thusly disregarded.

      Short of satisfying the foregoing, we may have to pursue charges against "BIG BAD BILL
      COLLECTOR" and "J. JACKSON" as well as filing complaints with the State Dept. of
      Commerce and the FTC.

      Sincerely,

      My Name

      Cc: Federal Trade Commission