Dogs obviously have Superior Cup Hangover

  • Tim McConaghy
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2003
      The Barrie Ice Dogs no doubt celebrated hard after locking up the
      Superior Cup title. They are extremely slow out of the gate in Game
      #3 vs. the Storm & their challenge game vs. the Hitmen.

      "I don't think the guys are taking this too seriously. The players
      believe management should have never accepted the Hitmen challange as
      they had nothing left to prove. In addition, we have heard all
      playoffs (mainly from Storm) that the 3rd game is crazy to play if a
      series is over... we will ask the league to take that suggestion into
      consideration for next year. After all there is no need for players
      like Mats Sundin to have to go out there and get injured the way he
      did in a meaningless game."

      That all being said management still want the players to suit up for
      the second half of Set P9 and represent the Dogs better & finish the
      playoffs strong.