Tkachuk out four to six weeks with fractured foot

  • Tim McConaghy
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2002
      FHL news wire reports...

      KESWICK -- Left wing Keith Tkachuk, one of the FHL's premier power
      forwards, has a fracture in his left foot and will be sidelined four
      to six weeks.

      Tkachuk sustained the injury Wednesday when he took a shot to his
      left foot in a game vs. the Barrie Ice Dogs. He scored a goal in the
      game and has four goals and seven assists this season for the league
      leading Hitmen.

      The Hitmen are already without Jason Allison for up to 3 months and
      have a short bench due to the fact they carry many high salaried
      players. Also of note the Hitmen sat forward Ilya Kovalchuk last
      night due to his continued undisciplined defensive play.

      Could be an interesting few months for the Hitmen after posting an 11-
      0-0 record in Set 1.
    • cdn_hitmen
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2002
        Isn't this fun. After going 11-0 in the season openers Hitmen have
        been the attention and target to cheap shots from the rest of the
        League. The following players have been injured.

        Straka - back
        Allison - knee
        Tkachuk - foot
        Havlat - groin
        Zetterberg - groin
        Kovalchuk - benched
        Cammalleri - AHL
        Pitkanen - AHL

        The loss of players like this would hinder most teams. Hitmen have
        enough talent to still score points but due to the short bench, may
        be in for a long rough ride. "We are not going to panic, the 22
        points in our opening games will go along way in qualifing us for
        the playoffs this year. By then, we should be healthy" spouted
        Kempster.

        When asked if a trade will be completed to boost the roster, all
        Kempster would say was "we have options, not further comment at this
        time." Kempster was unshaven and obviously rattled with the resent
        events of Allison, Tkachuk and Kovalchuk.

        "We have a 23 team roster, we have 8 players sidelined for various
        reasons. We need to dress 17 players. We have 15 healthy bodies
        with Zetterberg, Havlat and Kovalchuk expected back this weekend we
        will have 18 ready to go."

        Hitmen ownership have faxed FHL forn office asking the Commish to
        instruct referies to crack down on cheap shots that have sidelined
        their players.

        Something has to be done about these intentional acts of violence
        that could end a players career.

        In the meantime it is believed that Tkachuk will be replaced by
        HAVLAT, Zetterberg will by relieved by HUSELIUS and Allison may be
        replaced by CAMMALLERI if called up. If not called up, KOBASEW will
        start to see some icetime. Only time will tell. Hitmens slow
        start to set #2 and resent injuries has to be a concern to HITMEN
        managaement and Fans.
      • Tim McConaghy
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 1, 2002
          The commish has actually told the referees to turn a blind eye when a
          Hitmen player is targeted by a cheap shot to the knee or head. This
          request was passed by league vote of 10-1.

          It is now time to take out a few Hitmen "D" and maybe even CUJO.

          --- In timsfantasyhockeyleague@y..., cdn_hitmen <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > Isn't this fun. After going 11-0 in the season openers Hitmen have
          > been the attention and target to cheap shots from the rest of the
          > League. The following players have been injured.
          >
          > Straka - back
          > Allison - knee
          > Tkachuk - foot
          > Havlat - groin
          > Zetterberg - groin
          > Kovalchuk - benched
          > Cammalleri - AHL
          > Pitkanen - AHL
          >
          > The loss of players like this would hinder most teams. Hitmen have
          > enough talent to still score points but due to the short bench, may
          > be in for a long rough ride. "We are not going to panic, the 22
          > points in our opening games will go along way in qualifing us for
          > the playoffs this year. By then, we should be healthy" spouted
          > Kempster.
          >
          > When asked if a trade will be completed to boost the roster, all
          > Kempster would say was "we have options, not further comment at
          this
          > time." Kempster was unshaven and obviously rattled with the resent
          > events of Allison, Tkachuk and Kovalchuk.
          >
          > "We have a 23 team roster, we have 8 players sidelined for various
          > reasons. We need to dress 17 players. We have 15 healthy bodies
          > with Zetterberg, Havlat and Kovalchuk expected back this weekend we
          > will have 18 ready to go."
          >
          > Hitmen ownership have faxed FHL forn office asking the Commish to
          > instruct referies to crack down on cheap shots that have sidelined
          > their players.
          >
          > Something has to be done about these intentional acts of violence
          > that could end a players career.
          >
          > In the meantime it is believed that Tkachuk will be replaced by
          > HAVLAT, Zetterberg will by relieved by HUSELIUS and Allison may be
          > replaced by CAMMALLERI if called up. If not called up, KOBASEW
          will
          > start to see some icetime. Only time will tell. Hitmens slow
          > start to set #2 and resent injuries has to be a concern to HITMEN
          > managaement and Fans.
        • cdn_hitmen
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 1, 2002
            BLAH BLAH BLAH....Cheaters!