2012/13 Season

  • sandford_storm
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 12, 2012
      Hi guys, just my thoughts, after this latest round of crap that we get our players from. My interest in the NHL is pretty much zero right now.......I could care less if they come back or not. I am very busy with my kids teams who play the game for fun and not money. I am pretty much tied up on weekends from now till January for their hockey and if they did go, I wouldn't have the time or energy to commit to the pool this year. I would strongly suggest that we put the FHL on hold this year regardless of what happens in the NHL. Speaking for myself this strike/lockout crap has probably put me off hockey at the professional level for a long time.
    • Gerald Woods
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 12, 2012
        I have to agree with Sandford Storm. Looks like season is going to be a washout and if they do settle it is not going to be a complete season. I would suggest a vote if indeed they do settle at some point whether we as a group follow suit and begin our season. Any thoughts?

        Sent from my iPadhello
      • richmond_hill_rage
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 12, 2012
          I'm with you.

          --- In timsfantasyhockeyleague@yahoogroups.com, sandford_storm <no_reply@...> wrote:

          > Hi guys, just my thoughts, after this latest round of crap that we get our players from. My interest in the NHL is pretty much zero right now.......I could care less if they come back or not. I am very busy with my kids teams who play the game for fun and not money. I am pretty much tied up on weekends from now till January for their hockey and if they did go, I wouldn't have the time or energy to commit to the pool this year. I would strongly suggest that we put the FHL on hold this year regardless of what happens in the NHL. Speaking for myself this strike/lockout crap has probably put me off hockey at the professional level for a long time.

        • Andrew Quibell
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 14, 2012
            The Q-Crew miss their hockey fix and with the additions of Iginla, Miller and a high draft pick we were really looking forward to this season...this could be the end for Alfredsson, Selanne, Pronger and others....
            I would still want to play half a season over no season....Drop the Puck!!!

            I have to agree with Sandford Storm. Looks like season is going to be a washout and if they do settle it is not going to be a complete season. I would suggest a vote if indeed they do settle at some point whether we as a group follow suit and begin our season. Any thoughts?

            Sent from my iPadhello

          • barrie_icedogs
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 16, 2012
              I am fine with either decision. I would say if and when the time comes we do a vote. Majority wins. If it comes down to a 42 game schedule (half a season) or less it might be best to just wash the season as it would be very hard to do up an FHL Schedule. Lets evaluate when the time comes. Quite frankly I am so pissed at this shit as well (lockout) I could care less!!