Q-Crew and Hurricanes Rock the FHL

  • Andrew Quibell
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 11, 2012

      (CP)  Innisfil

      The Innisfil Q-Crew and Aurora Hurricanes have pulled off a deal which will help both clubs battle for top contention in the FHL.

      The Hurricanes have solidified their roster with protectable forward Alex Semin and protectable defenceman Alex Goligoski.
      Both are expected to log top minutes in Aurora.

      The Q-Crew have received the Hurricanes 1st Round Draft Selection in this fall's 2012/2013 FHL draft.  Years of experience have proven
      that top draft picks can be hits or misses.  The Q-Crew management will be scouting all available players in an effort to maximize the selection value.

      "We really struggled with the decision to move both Alex's.  Goligoski has been a solid contributor for us since we drafted him and Semin has the talent to be
      a game breaker and all-world player.  We fully expect many big season's from both guys.  It was a combination of our young core evolving and the new FHL player
      protection rule which forced this deal", said Q-Crew Owner/GM Andrew Quibell.

      "We had been in discussions with other teams, but they were not willing to commit to the fair price of quality acquisitions. It appears that a lot of teams are over-valuing their draft selections;
      especially with more players being added to the draft with the new FHL player protection rule being enforced this year", added Quibell.

      This deal marked the third trade of this off season for the Q-Crew who are valiantly attempting to create their most deadly roster to date.  Innisfil have acquired power forward Jarome Iginla, top stopper
      Ryan Miller and now a 1st Round Draft Selection, while parting with playmaker Daniel Briere, newly acquired sniper Alex Semin, power play quarterback Alex Goligoski,  a 2nd Round Pick next year and a Waiver Selection this season.

      Rumours persist that more moves are planned for the re-tooling Innisfil Q-Crew and the names most often mentioned in trade discussions are power play quarterback Jason Garrison and goaltenders Martin Brodeur, Tim Thomas and Jonathan Bernier. Stay tuned...

      Drop the Puck!!!