Re: [Tim's Fantasy Hockey League] FHL Off-season Officially Opens July 1st

  • Michael Fogarty
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 2011
      good day all.
      please address any and all FHL emails to my blackberry account if you want me to get them
      mfogarty@...
      open for business.

      From: Jamie Capstick <jamie.capstick@...>

      To: timsfantasyhockeyleague@yahoogroups.com

      Date: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 4:00 PM

      Hi - thought I'd weigh in.  I like the change and support it but for those

      of us who are in this pool for the long haul I'd suggest cutting the changes

      in in the summer of 2012 rather than 2011.  While this seems like (and

      probably is) a ridiculous notion for a pool that is supposed to be "fun" I

      think deferring for a year addresses both the change that Tim is suggesting

      (which I like and support) and the idea that teams should be given the

      opportunity to approach their roster, draft and trades with this change in

      mind (which addresses Andrew's point).

      That's my suggestion.  Hope to see some trading in July before we all go

      into our August hockey slumber.

      Jamie

      *Jamie*

      *twitter @unrealcapstick*

    • Andrew Quibell
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 1, 2011

        One month late but welcome to the trading season!

> [...]

        > an idea I have been tossing around.

        > Here it is...

        > 1. Move the protected list down from 10 guys. Do not change the rookie

        > protects (leave it at 3 free). Next season move it down from 10 to 9

        > protects and in the following season move it down to 8.

        > 2. I was always reluctant to do this in the past as it would mean a draft

        > of upto 17 rounds, HOWEVER, this is not really the case as many teams

        > protect 3 rookies (meaning 13 protects currently) and with a higher salary

        > structure for protected players, teams run out of money to spend much

        > earlier.

        > 3. This change would put 12 (this year) and 24 (in 2013) good players back

        > into the draft. Makes the first 2 rounds all that much better! Currently it

        > is fairly watered down.

        > Look forward to everyones thoughts on this proposed change to the pool.

        *Jamie*

        *twitter @unrealcapstick*