Q-Crew and Nords Make Swap

  • Andrew Quibell
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2010

      (CP)  Innisfil

      Minutes after publishing a public plea yesterday for more trade activity, Innisfil Q-Crew and Nords pulled the trigger on a potentially substantial deal.

      The Nords have secured the Q-Crew's 3rd round selection this fall as they look to draft strongly and find their way back to the top of the FHL mountain.  This deal leaves the Innisfil Q-Crew without a draft pick until the 4th round.  It's rumoured that Q-Crew GM/owner Andrew Quibell isn't finished dealing and some picks are coming back in other deals.

      For their part, the Q-Crew now own the rights to young sniper Wojek Wolski and power play quarterback Kimmo Timonen. "We have been in discussions with the Nords for a period of time about these players and others.  Our scouts strongly believed that these additions put us in a better position to compete for a championship than the player whom we would have drafted in the 3rd round would have.  We're thrilled with our two deals so far", said Quibell.

      Rumours have already begun about what will happen next in Innisfil.  "Our fans wanted action and they got it", quipped Quibell.  "Now we have some decisions to make as we've added two quality players who we believe might be protectable for us as we're intending to deal other roster players to acquire some draft picks", said Quibell.

      One source has Patrik Berglund and Kris Letang on the trade block with yesterdays deal. For his part, Quibell has denied all rumours.  "Berglund and Letang are young cornerstones of our franchise.  Only a couple of players on our team is considered entirely untouchable, but these young guys are pretty close", said Quibell.

      Whatever is decided, the Innisfil Q-Crew appear to have an improved roster with the recent additions of Gagne, Wolski and Timonen.