Great Championship Battle!

  • barrie_icedogs
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 8 6:35 AM
      What a great battle between the Ardtrea Nomorediques and the defending champion Canadian Hitmen! Tied 1-1 in the best of 3 series we have headed to a 3rd and final game to decide the FHL Championship.

      Could we have a new champion??? The 3 time defending champion Hitmen appear to be in tight early in game #3. Down by 10 points (24 vs. 14) with 4 nights left this one might just go down to the wire.

      Will key players get nights off in the final few games. Many things could affect the end result. Good luck to both teams over the last few days.

      AND... BTW... The Barrie Ice Dogs did claim the leagues BRONZE Metal by easily discarding of the over rated Lake St. George Leafs! Oh ya baby... that breakfast is going to taste great.
    • cdn_hitmen
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 9 6:07 AM
        The NOMORENORDIQUES are a strong club and have been outscoring the HITMEN to this point.

        Since the last night game one foppa that allowed the NORDS to come back from 9 point defecit the HTMEN have struggle with a confused coaching staff that have made decisions to sit out key players like LUONGO, GREEN and WEBER.

        These coaching decisions appear to be effecting the veterans of the club namely IGINLA, KOVALCHUK, BOYLE,GABORIK and new comer KESSEL who have been snake bitten around the net and combining for only 1 pont.

        "With players like BACKSTROM having multi point games while GREEN sits and players like SEDIN, SEDIN and KESLER scoring at will while LUONGO sits or gets pulled from the net is killing us. We need the offset points to Andrea's potent offence that just keeps coming in waves" sniped KEMPSTER.

        CROSBY has scored 7 and is the HITMEN's only producer while the other 14 skaters have only combined for only 11....that is not acceptable for a championship team. Especially against a team that has the second highest point producing forward in the league, his brother who has a similar PPG and a young STAMKOS attacking the scoring race for the Art Ross trophy.

        "Our strength all year was a consistant offence and a dominent defence, we have neither in this playoff series. It is going to take our team firing on all cylinders and a little luck to get back into this championship game and our fourth title in a row."

        HITMEN faithful believe it is going to take more then KEMPSTER is suggesting. Luck may not be enough. Down 11, it may take a miracle at this point.
      • barrie_icedogs
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 10 2:16 PM
          Tonight is key in this series... Nords ice 11, while the Hitmen 13. Its put up or shut up for the Hitmen tonight!!!

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 10 7:46 PM
            F@#*'N - SEDINS, BACKSTORM and STAMKOS