League Update - Set 7

  • barrie_icedogs
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 11, 2010
      Anyway, here is what we know heading to the final set of our regular season...

      - The Canadian Hitmen are pretty much a lock to take yet another President Cup Trophy and the $100 prize. In fact the league record for most points in a season (148, by Ice Dogs) and wins (73, by Ice Dogs) are reachable.

      - Both the Hitmen and Ice Dogs will once again take division titles and be seeded 1 & 2 heading into the playoffs.

      - Battle for seeds 3, 4 & 5 seem to be between 3 teams.. Nomorediques- 86 pts, Storm- 86 pts and Leafs- 77 pts.

      - Major battle between 5 teams for the final 3 playoff spots... Hurricanes- 62, Q-Crew- 59, Rippers- 59, Rage-56, Ice Pirates- 54

      - Both the Cyclones and Blues have officially been eliminated from the FHL Playoffs (top 8). Hope is not lost however as they will compete in the Toilet Bowl Cup and a chance at first pick overall in the 2010 league draft.

      Good Luck to all in Set #8 as we get ready for the first round of playoffs.