Dogs in some trouble!

  • Tim McConaghy
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 8, 2007
      The first place Barrie Ice Dogs are off to a very slow start in the
      first round of the FHL playoffs. Already down 1 game to 0 against
      their arc rivals the Cambridge Ice Pirates, they have also started slow
      in game #2. Backed by the strong play of Rick Dipietro the Pirates
      will look to close out this series in 2 straight.

      Ice Dogs manager Tim McConaghy had this to say...
      "This is definatley not the start we wanted. The guys have not been
      putting up the big games they need to in the playoffs. We knew the
      Pirates would not be an easy opponent and we all need to pick up our
      games if we hope to advance"

      This series is far from over and the Ice Dogs have came back from 1
      game down a few times in the past, but it should also be noted that if
      they are upset it would not be the first time it has happened in the
      first round after the Rage defeated them 4-5 years ago after the Dogs
      won the Presidents Cup.