Re: [Tim's Fantasy Hockey League] Re: Waiver Draft

  • Andrew Quibell
    Message 1 of 21 , Nov 1, 2006
      Commish et al,

      I might not even take part in the waiver draft.
      I'm very happy with my team including my draft choices.
      With injured players returning, the Q-Crew looks to only be
      getting stronger.
      So....if it's a decision between one round or two, I vote for one....
      as the Commish said...there will be more waiver drafts through the season.
      I'm in the fortunate position to have a lot of bench players, so my replacements
      come from within. The downfall with my strategy is that bench player points don't count.
      Zubrus is having a great set on the bench. Remember him Hitmen and Storm?....the guy who wouldn't be playing with "Alexander the Great".....Toskala sure is looking brilliant with the Sharks....guess we all make mistakes...even the brilliant GMS are wrong sometimes...LOL.

      Andrew
      Q-Crew

      Tim McConaghy <barrie_icedogs@...> wrote:
      Gents... I do not see the need for a 2 round waiver. I believe one
      round puts much more emphasis on the waiver draft. In addition, we
      all drafted so well this year their is only a handful of decent guys
      available so far.

      My thought is if you want 2 picks go and make a trade for one.

      My choice is ONE round, first pick goes to last place team in the
      standings. BUT, as always the FHL is built on everyones thoughts so
      please let me know.

      Keep in mind we have a total of 3 waivers this year so their will
      always be other opportunities to pick up guys.

      Regarding comments about replacing injured guys, etc... that is what
      your reserves are for. If you have less depth (ie Ice Dogs) you
      take that chance and may need to unload higher priced guys.

      I think one round waivers will also stimulate more trades to fill
      holes for injuries, etc.

      The Commish

      --- In timsfantasyhockeyleague@yahoogroups.com, sandford_storm
      <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > Altough I stand to benefit from a snake waiver draft, the ultimate
      > goal is to make teams more competitive and advantage should go to
      the
      > teams lower in the standings.....besides, my guess is 1/4 of the
      teams
      > wont participate...haha

    • sandford_storm
      Message 2 of 21 , Nov 1, 2006
        Not taking part in the draft, you did read the results from set one
        didn't you Andrew....and you hahahaha......I think there are more guys
        available as free agents with higher point totals than your
        starters....and yes you are correct, Zubris is not one of
        them......hahahahahahaha........
      • Tim McConaghy
        Message 3 of 21 , Nov 2, 2006
          Nope, but if you go into the Office Pools reports section you can see
          who is available by running a report of available players. The
          Salaries sheet on the FHL file will show each players salary.

          Waiver Draft will be ONE ROUND.

          --- In timsfantasyhockeyleague@yahoogroups.com, "Doug Bedford"
          <GOLFDALE@...> wrote:

          > Is the Commish sending out a list of players available????

        • sandford_storm
          Message 4 of 21 , Nov 2, 2006
            Can we hear from the Rage, Rippers, Cyclones, Ice Pirates, Nordiques
            and Battalion before we say no to 2 round waiver draft.....the debate
            really just started 3 days ago....???

            I have it 2 in favour so far and 4 against....
          • Kevin
            Message 5 of 21 , Nov 2, 2006
              ONE !

              <no_reply@...> wrote:

              > Can we hear from the Rage, Rippers, Cyclones, Ice Pirates, Nordiques
              > and Battalion before we say no to 2 round waiver draft.....the debate
              > really just started 3 days ago....???
              >
              > I have it 2 in favour so far and 4 against....

            • Todd Hounsome
              Message 6 of 21 , Nov 2, 2006
                I think you should be able to pick as many as you want...providing that pay...there will be more money in the pot at the end.

                Can we hear from the Rage, Rippers, Cyclones, Ice Pirates, Nordiques
                and Battalion before we say no to 2 round waiver draft.....the debate
                really just started 3 days ago....???

                I have it 2 in favour so far and 4 against....

              • Doug & Heidi BEDFORD
                Message 7 of 21 , Nov 2, 2006
                  I really have no preference either way. If you have to pay to increase your team or you don't participate, thats your options. 1 or 2 rounds is fine, but no more than 2.

                  The Battalion

                  Message 8 of 21 , Nov 2, 2006
                    One round.

                    Bottom feeders like us do not benefit much from the bigger pot due to fees
                    charged on extra rounds.

                    On 11/2/06, sandford_storm <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                    > Can we hear from the Rage, Rippers, Cyclones, Ice Pirates, Nordiques
                    > and Battalion before we say no to 2 round waiver draft.....the debate
                    > really just started 3 days ago....???
                    >
                    > I have it 2 in favour so far and 4 against....

                  • cdn_hitmen
                    Message 9 of 21 , Nov 2, 2006
                      No fees charged for extra rounds this year...included in increase from
                      60 - 70 dollars ...

                      Regardless the money used to go into the pot for the bottom four teams
                      in their own playoff round.
                    • Tim McConaghy
                      Message 10 of 21 , Nov 2, 2006
                        Ice Pirates also voted for one round. I was talking to him earlier
                        in the week.

                        No need for 2 rounds in my opinion. We have 3 waiver picks.

                        I think it is a majority by now.

                        --- In timsfantasyhockeyleague@yahoogroups.com, cdn_hitmen