Re: [Tim's Fantasy Hockey League] Draft Date and Location

  • Tim McConaghy
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 2, 2006
      Guys, Please shoot me the dates that you are NOT available on
      weekends in September and I will do my best to work around them.

      Also if any teams are not planning on returning to the league please
      let me know immediately. We want 12 strong & active teams for the
      upcoming year!

      The Commish

      --- In timsfantasyhockeyleague@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Quibell
      <innisfil_qcrew@...> wrote:

      > Commish et al,
      >
      > I know that it's still early to be thinking about the draft, but
      I believe that we need to know everyones availability ASAP to set a
      date that best suits the majority of teams. I for one, do not want
      to miss it!
      > I am available for the following dates:
      >
      > Sat Sept 2nd
      > Sun Sept 3rd
      > Sun Sept 10th
      > Sat Sept 16th
      > Sat Sept 23rd
      > Sun Sept 24th
      > Sat Sept 30th
      > Sun Oct 1st
      >
      > I know that we have traditionally drafted on Saturdays, just
      throwing out the Sunday option to be considered.
      > So...THE ONLY 2 DATES THAT I'M NOT AVAILABLE DUE TO PRIOR
      COMMITMENTS ARE SAT SEPT 9TH AND SUN SEPT 17TH. Please do your best
      to work around the numerous dates which I have provided.

      > Re location...The Commish's office and McCabe's worked well for
      me living in Innisfil. They are a bit of a hike for some teams.
      Doug/Steve/Jim and I can inquire about the use of our Police
      Association building as it's located in Newmarket and it has the
      required food and beverages available at very reasonable prices.
      > Please let me know what the FHL owners decide re
      date/time/location.
      > Thanks!
      >
      > Andrew
      > Q-Crew
      >
      > Tim McConaghy <barrie_icedogs@...> wrote:
      > This afternoon the FHL held its annual draft lottery.
      The Lake St.
      > George Leafs held the best odds at winning the lottery at 25%,
      > however, it was the, Bedford Battalion who had their
      > name drawn to move up to first pick in the draft. The Battalion had
      > 3rd best odds with a 13% chance and came through. The Battalion
      > however will not be able to make their selection as they had moved
      > the pick to the Innifil Q-Crew in an earlier trade. This news has
      > obviously made the Q-Crews weekend.
      >
      > The draft order has now been set for the first and subsequent
      > rounds...
      >
      > Round #1:
      > 1. Innisfil Q-Crew (via the Bedford Battalion, Draft Lottery
      Winner)
      > 2. Barrie Ice Dogs (via the Rage, 12th place in Standings)
      > 3. Innisfil Q-Crew (via the Leafs, 10th place)
      > 4. Tarrytown Nordiques (9th place)
      > 5. Cambridge Ice Pirates (8th place)
      > 6. Las Vegas Rippers (7th Place)
      > 7. Sparrow Lake Cyclones (6th Place)
      > 8. Innisfil Q-Crew (5th Place)
      > 9. Orillia Wild Action (4th Place)
      > 10. Sandford Storm (3rd place)
      > 11. Canadian Hitmen(2nd place)
      > 12. Barrie Ice Dogs (Presidents Cup, Superior Cup Champion)
      >
      > Round #2-#15:
      > 1. Richmond Hill Rage (12th Place)
      > 2. Bedford Battalion (11th Place)
      > 3. Lake St. George Leafs (10th place)
      > 4. Tarrytown Nordiques (9th place)
      > 5. Cambridge Ice Pirates (8th place)
      > 6. Las Vegas Rippers (7th Place)
      > 7. Sparrow Lake Cyclones (6th Place)
      > 8. Innisfil Q-Crew (5th Place)
      > 9. Orillia Wild Action (4th Place)
      > 10. Sandford Storm (3rd place)
      > 11. Canadian Hitmen(2nd place)
      > 12. Barrie Ice Dogs (Presidents Cup, Superior Cup Champion)
      >
      > The FHL Draft will be held in September (date and place still to
      be
      > set). Anyone interested in hosting the draft lottery please let
      > the commish know.

    • Andrew Quibell
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 2, 2006
        Thanks Commish!

        <innisfil_qcrew@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > 8. Innisfil Q-Crew (5th Place)
        > 9. Orillia Wild Action (4th Place)
        > 10. Sandford Storm (3rd place)
        > 11. Canadian Hitmen(2nd place)
        > 12. Barrie Ice Dogs (Presidents Cup, Superior Cup Champion)
        >
        > Round #2-#15:
        > 1. Richmond Hill Rage (12th Place)
        > 2. Bedford Battalion (11th Place)
        > 3. Lake St. George Leafs (10th place)
        > 4. Tarrytown Nordiques (9th place)
        > 5. Cambridge Ice Pirates (8th place)
        > 6. Las Vegas Rippers (7th Place)
        > 7. Sparrow Lake Cyclones (6th Place)
        > 8. Innisfil Q-Crew (5th Place)
        > 9. Orillia Wild Action (4th Place)
        > 10. Sandford Storm (3rd place)
        > 11. Canadian Hitmen(2nd place)
        > 12. Barrie Ice Dogs (Presidents Cup, Superior Cup Champion)
        >
        > The FHL Draft will be held in September (date and place still to
        be
        > set). Anyone interested in hosting the draft lottery please let

      • Brian Worsley
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 4, 2006
          Looking at the Q-Crews schedule, I like the 24th of
          September(Sunday)myself.

          Brian

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 4, 2006
            Location I prefer is McCabes again. Great Wings and
            fair prices.

            Brian

            http://mail.yahoo.com