Re: [Tim's Fantasy Hockey League] Q-Crew Ready to Complete Battle with Wild Action

  • Andrew Quibell
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2006
      Rumour has it that the Senators might be interested in acquiring Q-Crew goaltender Dwayne Roloson to be their starter for the playoff run as Wild Action goalie Domenic Hasek has been shelved indefinitely with a groin injury....what a kicker for Orillia if this happens.
      The good news for the Wild Action is that the Av's look great and Aebischer should continue to win for them...unless he's lifted for young Peter Budaj.
      The Wild Action have closed the point gap, but the Q-Crew are icing almost double the amount of players tonight and look to put this series on ice.
      Stay tuned....

      Andrew Quibell <innisfil_qcrew@...> wrote:
      (CP) Innisfil

      The Q-Crew defence which has been questioned by many FHL GM/Owners is looking very strong right now.
      Young Niklas Kronwall didn't look at all out of place on Team Sweden as he scored an important goal in the Gold Medal Game. Look for his role to be increased for the remainder of the season and beyond as he fulfills his huge potential.
      Evgeni Malkin was always a scoring threat on the offensively gifted Russian team. He will play a major role in the Q-Crew's future starting next year.
      Most impressive of all was goaltender Antero Niittymaki. Remember him?...other GM's said "who?" when the Q-Crew drafted him. He proved his value with the Q-Crew to the level that world-class goaltender Roberto Luongo became tradeable in a deal with the Hitmen that has worked out very well with Mike Modano and Paul Martin scoring a lot of FHL points.
      Niittymaki not only impressed Q-Crew management, but the entire world when he was named "Allstar Goaltender", "Best Goaltender" and "MVP" of the Mens Olympic Hockey tournament. He only allowed 8 goals in 6 games and collected an impressive 3 shutouts in the most competitive tournament in the world.
      We are hopefully for a quick return for Patrik Elias who was injured in Italy.
      As for the Wild Action, it isn't yet known when starting goaltender Dominic Hasek will return...this could be trouble for Orillia.
      The Barrie Ice Dogs are certainly hoping for a physical finish to this series as he awaits the victor. His squad is banged up and sniper Simon Gagne is out for a few weeks.
      Drop the Puck!

      Andrew
      Q-Crew

      Ice hockey rink Ice hockey equipment Ice hockey skates Ice hockey goalie camp Ice hockey jersey Ice hockey summer camp

    • cdn_hitmen
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 3, 2006
        As predicted by the HITMEN - QCREW in deep trouble and WILD have a
        stangle hold on him with 2 nights left.

        IRONICALLY its ex-HITMEN David AEBISCHER that is putting the nail in
        the couffin of QCREW with 7 points (including a shutout last night).
        AEBISCHER had been offered up in the trade for LUONGO and was put down
        by QCREW in exchange for MARTIN who has registered 0 points this set.

        Hmm....wouldnt those 7 points look good on QCREW now and not in the
        pocket of his opponnent. A 14 point swing in the other direction
        would of given things a different look right now.

        Just a couple of cents on the topic.
      • Tim McConaghy
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 3, 2006
          Q-Crew are definately in TROUBLE!!!

          Looks like it could be the Wild & Ice Dogs matching up in Round #2
          as the Q-Crew appear to be early round playoff casulaties once again.

          They will need to stand on their heads over the last few nights to
          turn this one around.

          --- In timsfantasyhockeyleague@yahoogroups.com, cdn_hitmen

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 3, 2006
            Steve et al,

            What can I say...my boys have suffered greatly so far by the Olympic lay-off...they
            were flying and now the production seems to have dried up at the wrong time..
            Like Steve said....still two nights to go...it's not over yet, but we obviously need a huge
            finish!!!

            Andrew
            Q-Crew

            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 3, 2006
              Tim et al,

              Not giving up yet....two nights left to turn it around...BIG TIME.

              Andrew
              Q-Crew

              <no_reply@...> wrote:

              > As predicted by the HITMEN - QCREW in deep trouble and WILD have a
              > stangle hold on him with 2 nights left.
              >
              > IRONICALLY its ex-HITMEN David AEBISCHER that is putting the nail
              in
              > the couffin of QCREW with 7 points (including a shutout last
              night).
              > AEBISCHER had been offered up in the trade for LUONGO and was put
              down
              > by QCREW in exchange for MARTIN who has registered 0 points this
              set.

              > Hmm....wouldnt those 7 points look good on QCREW now and not in
              the
              > pocket of his opponnent. A 14 point swing in the other direction
              > would of given things a different look right now.
              >
              > Just a couple of cents on the topic.

              Ice hockey skates Ice hockey goalie equipment Ice hockey goalie camp Ice hockey goal Ice hockey equipment Ice hockey jersey