Storm Announce New Captain

  • sandford_storm
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2003
      Sandford, ON (Sandford Star)- The Sandford Storm have announced today
      that their new captain will be Paul KARIYA. 28 year old Kariya, a
      veteran of the FHL, was aquired late last season in a block buster
      trade with the Orillia Wild Action that saw Storm defenceman Nicklas
      Lidstrom go to the Wild in return for Kariya. "Paul is a natural
      leader, who was integeral in our push to the finals last season,"
      said Storm owner Jim Sendall. "We are expecting big things from him
      again this year both on and off the ice. He will be a role model to
      our younger superstars, and continue to show them what it takes to
      succeed in the FHL."
      In addition, the Storm announced that the vacant assistant captain's
      position will be filled by newcomer Markus Naslund. Naslund, aquired
      this past off season, is expected to put up lots of points for the
      Storm in the 1st period. Kariya and Naslund join defenceman Brian
      Leetch (assistant) as the leaders of the Sandford Storm for this
      coming season.
      The Storm also continue to prep their roster for the upcoming
      protection date, "numerous offers are out their, but we are not about
      to stoop to mass mailing tactics in order to trim our roster," said
      Sendall. An obvious shot at the Lake St. George Leafs and Innisfil
      Q-Crews desperate attempts to put together a roster by the sending of
      SPAM (haha). Stay tuned for trade announcements.......STORM WARNING
      in EFFECT!!!!!!