RE: [timexdatalinkusbdevelop] Re: Help with USB comm app

  • Jim Holmes
    Message 1 of 45 , Mar 20, 2010

      Wayne, good input. And yes, lots of us are reading and following people’s emails.  I jump in every so often.  I am hoping that when the various data elements are fed into the watch that the extra space is eliminated as much as possible.  At least, that is what the Timex tech support fellow told me was the case for the Contact database.  Since I worked with mainframe computers most of my professional career, I am use to database systems frequently using up unnecessary space, and the Timex Contact data format has a lot of slots for data I don’t want to carry around.  I would be interested to see what you find if you check out that database.  I don’t know how much memory the watch has, but I don’t want to waste any of it on empty slots.

      Jim Holmes

      Message 45 of 45 , Apr 16 4:28 AM
        tonsofquestions wrote:
        >[...]
        > Also, has anyone done work on porting the VDLK to Lazarus, since I
        > updated sourceforge? I don't have time to do much right now, and I'm
        > really not very familiar with Pascal. I'm more of a "make modifications"
        > kind of guy here.

        The company I work for has signed a deal with one of the largest
        companies in Portugal and I am right in the middle of that storm. This
        is a major opportunity for my company but according to the latest
        forecasts the storm will last until late July... :(

        I'm still hoping that I'll be able to try to port VDLK to Lazarus as a
        weekend project, one of these weekends, but my spare time, as usual, is
        very scarce.

        --
        Paulo Marques
        Software Development Department - Grupo PIE, S.A.

        "Every drive dies; not every drive really lives."
        -- Braveheart meets 21st century technology. :^)