tikit tiff

  • BFClubs
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 17, 2008
      A customer posted this on another forum - scary stuff! - Lynette Chiang @ BF

      I don't know what is wrong with my country. I cycled for an hour across central london last
      night because getting the metro (the Tube we call it) is a nightmare even with a folding
      bike. Riding across London is much more fun and is faster than the metro. We even have
      nice cycling maps of London now.

      I got on busy a Train from London to Cambridge. I had to put my folded Tikit in the
      doorway next to a folded wheelchair. There wasnt much room to get out of the train door
      but it wasnt terrible. My Tikit is standing up much better now it has the rear rack on it,
      which helped a lot with making it take up space.

      I was sitting on the train next to the Window and the guy next to me was asleep. It made it
      hard to leap up to keep a good check on the Tikit. When we pulled into Baldock, 2 stops
      before Cambridge, an old bloke shouted, 'whose bike is this?' and then 'I'm going to throw
      it off the train'. You know what, as the doors opened he picked up my Tikit and hurled it
      out of the doors onto the Platform below. I am still angry about it - what is it with people?

      I've made a report to the Police who are checking CCTV coverage to see if they can pick
      this old guy up for Criminal Damage.

      Sadly my hyperfold is looking a bit bent and sad now. I think the stem is a bit bent and the
      front chainring is quite bent making is hardly ride-able. I'll have to get it to my local bike
      shop to see if they can straighten it out.

      Can you believe it?

      Carl